The simFlight Network Forums

4.217 and wind smoothing

Pete

Just completed a 700nm flight online IVAO with IVAO weahter, FACT-FAJS.

Wilco Feelthere 737-400.

Flight went very well, nothing unusual to report.

Noted some turb and a odd wind gust enroute, but nothing to violent that the plane could not handle

Noted no abrupted wind direction or speed changes.

Overall the turbulance and gust that was present was well dampened and the plane was not thrown of directions as before.

Regards

Jannie

Hi Pete

Just to clarify for myself, is it possible to surpress turbulance and gusts in fsx?

I have the options surpress turb and gust enabled in fsuipc, but I dont see any effect, meaning I still experience turb and gust when flying throught clouds with turb and gust ratings/levels in them

Regards

Jannie

Just to clarify for myself, is it possible to surpress turbulance and gusts in fsx?

The options in FSUIPC (Winds and Clouds) normally try to enforce themselves by changing the weather set at the surrounding weather stations, so this may be a bit variable depending on which stations are changed when and how long FSX takes to "morph" these changes to your aircraft location. But certainly, overall, they should help to suppress them.

If you have FSUIPC's wind smoothing enabled, then since 4.219 (I think, certain 4.222) these options are performed as part of the smoothing instead. So if they don't seem to have any effect then you are actually saying the wind smoothing isn't working at all and I might as well throw it all away (?)but that seems contrary to most every other report so far.

I still experience turb and gust when flying throught clouds with turb and gust ratings/levels in them

Well if you have gust and turbulence, you have gust and turbulence allowed I think. Did you really go to the Cloud options and ask for them to be suppressed???

Pete

Well if you have gust and turbulence, you have gust and turbulence allowed I think. Did you really go to the Cloud options and ask for them to be suppressed???

Ah you a star Pete, how stupid of me.....I overlooked the option to disable cloud turbulance.

Was under the impression the suppress turb/gust on the wind smoothing tab does it all.

How silly of me :shock: :D

Thanks Pete

Regards

Jannie