The simFlight Network Forums
boing71234567

dx10 scheldules at TNCM question with my traffic 5.1b

hey,

i love the dx10 scheldules. i mean i see insel air and klm in md11 colors but then there is other planes that are not suppost to be there. like the air france a319's and the klm's 737's. how do i fix it so that there are none of that? unless there is proof that they land there. then i will keep the planes. i attachted photos to show what i mean.

thank you,

boing71234567

post-25921-128689599031_thumb.jpg

post-25921-128689599048_thumb.jpg

post-25921-128689599064_thumb.jpg

Ups, they shouldn't show up there, so now I have to look what went wrong. But the MD11 can't be contained in DX10 schedules....

i see you already posted the new addon. is that okay that you take it back and fix this? and how will it be fixed? i wanted to get a couple of good shots at tncm but i dont want people thinking that is the aircraft there. also do you have the schedule for tncm? like you showed me with my traffic 5.1a

Every fast fix goes wrong. For this we need to analyse what went wrong, make changes in the database or the editor algorithms itself, that has to be verified, new schedules have to be created, we have to verify on some hundred other airports if this has consequences, so you speak about a project of many weeks, if not months.

At least I know now the reason why this happend. My mistake was to listen to input from beta testers after the beta started - I understand now why others, including the producer of MyTraffic Viewer :lol:, stop to listen to them 4 weeks before the beta starts

What version of FSX do you use? And second, what version of Microsoft .NET framework do you use? Maybe you need a new version. Search on Microsoft home page for more info and download..

The first error is saying it cannot find the SimConnect interface in FSX. Now that is automatically included when you install FSX, so something has gone wrong somewhere in the life of your FSX. One of the beta testers had this after re-installing FSX following a hard disk crash, and they had to reinstall it again. This would affect any add-on that wanted to use SimConnect, not just MyTrafficBoard.

I nearly missed this one. When you switch subject (i.e. we are now talking about a problem with MyTrafficBoard, not traffic at TNCM, please start a new thread). As much as I want to, I can't get to all the new messages as fast as I would like.

So, now I have a bit of time to explain what happend at this airport ( out of 8000 ) - just for everybody who ever organizes a beta to learn how things can go wrong when you do everything right.

In version 5.1a, traffic was very fine. Sine we found out that there are 747s into TNCM, I overworked the airport to have enough large parkings, and added some more where they could fit, so the capacity was increased by 20%. I checked it at that state and all looked good, so no further check. I did not see that the FSX mechanism had given them the country name "Netherlands Antilles" which, when making a simple string comparison, coincides with "Netherlands" - so behind my neck the airports had switched to PH instead of PJ. ut since there were enough real observation schedules, all was fine.

Than, during beta, together with checking in TB, there were compaints about dublicate flights at many airports, and I added a lot of code to the programs to prevent dublicates from being loaded - and this removed mainly the lot of AAL ATR and E145 at TNCM.

Now, one beta tester when we were almost finished complained about too little traffic at some airports, so within the possible limits I increased the capacity formula and checked this to make reasonable changes at many places, but didn't visit TNCM again - so couldn't find that all the above together had created an airport with many free slots for airliners and commuters with Netherlands as country - the KLM 738 than were unavoidable.

So I changed the country recognition process to search for Netherlands Antilles before looking for Netherlands, and the airports got PJ. A new traffic creation immediately removes KLM short range - but now "Insel Air" from Curacao ( PJ ) got teh dominant airline with their MD83. Which isn't true either, since they only have one MD83. So the next necessary steps than were to create enough GA registrations in PJ on Barons, King Airs etc, to have these filling most of the free slots, and now it looks good.

Next I have to see how to get this to you. Uploading new schedules isn't possible at the moment, out download bandwidth still is full and this is one very special airport only. So for today you have to live with this, as soon as we can dio it there will be a fix.

No, I have it. But when MyTraffic only shows those, everybody will complain it to be broken, because often no departure within 20 or 30 minutes.

No, I have it. But when MyTraffic only shows those, everybody will complain it to be broken, because often no departure within 20 or 30 minutes.

Burkhard, i have the same problem and i'm using the DX9 schedules. Almost all aircraft i see in TNCM are not supposed to be there. Lots of Transavia planes also and Transavia doesn't fly there (other companies also). And the Corsair 747 is missing. I would like to have an option that allows me to just have the real schedules there, even if i don't see any aircraft taking off or landing for 1 hour. I hope this gets fixed, i was posting some screens on other forum to show the new version and people already complained about all this fake schedules.

Regards.

To have "real" schedules only, simply start the MyTraffic editor, open the database MTXV51b.myt, and than select "Create All files and traffic" and check the Forks and global only, not the automatic and preferred. But I can upload new schedules for TNCM and surroundings tomorrow.

To have "real" schedules only, simply start the MyTraffic editor, open the database MTXV51b.myt, and than select "Create All files and traffic" and check the Forks and global only, not the automatic and preferred. But I can upload new schedules for TNCM and surroundings tomorrow.

Thanks, i'm waiting for those. Then i will do as you said.

Regards.

No need to do so with the new schedules. Either use the editor to do the modifications as I said above, or just download the new schedules. Unzip the two file MyTrafficcommercial.bgl and MyTrafficCommercial.dat and copy them to the corresponding folder ( 2008_DX9 resp. 2008_DX10) and to the MyTraffic \scenery folder.

If you do not fly into TNCM, TNCA,TNCB or TNCC, there is no advantage by downloading them.

Downloads:

If you are using DX9

http://www.fsrail.com/Mytrafficcommercial_DX9.zip

If you are using DX10

http://www.fsrail.com/Mytrafficcommercial_DX10.zip