The simFlight Network Forums
Burkhard

MyTraffic X Version 5.1b fix requests

It is looking for "Scenery" folder in the MyTraffic folder of FSX, but cannot find it. So some questions to help understand:

1) Where is FSX installed on your PC?

2) Where is MyTraffic installed?

3) Does the path referred to in the message exist?

Regads

Simon

aka MyTrafficBoard developer.

It is looking for "Scenery" folder in the MyTraffic folder of FSX, but cannot find it. So some questions to help understand:

Q1) Where is FSX installed on your PC?

A1)C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X

Q2) Where is MyTraffic installed?

A2)C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic

3) Does the path referred to in the message exist?

Yes

but user name is something wrong.

I am not gb044846

Best Regars

Thanks. The user name in the stack trace is a reference to the PC the code was compiled upon rather than your machine, so do not be concerned by that. I will study the problem further and report back to you.

Also let us do a trace to see if the registry key is coming back as I expect from Flight Simulator. The TrafficBoard.ini file attatched here will enable a trace. By default the trace is written to c:\trace.log, but you can change that by editing the file.

The file needs to go in the MyTrafficBoard application folder. You can find it by:

Start

Run.....

Type %appdata% and press return. The application folder opens in a new window.

Find MyTraffic folder, and go into it

Find MyTrafficBoard and put the TrafficBoard.ini file in there.

Then try and start MyTrafficBoard, you will see the problem again, and the send me the trace.log

Thanks

Simon

Same probleme here with MyTrafficBoard!

An uncaught exception occurred.

Could not find a part of the path `G:\Microsoft Flight Simulator XMyTraffic\Scenery´. at System...

A missing backslash between X and MyTraffic.

Jürgen

It seems likely that sometimes the registry key contains a blackslash and sometimes it does not. During development and beta testing we never met this situation; the blackslash was always there and so became an asumption. Beta tests are great, but there's nothing like the real world. So if it is the registry key, and if someone would not mind do the trace to prove it that would be very helpful, there is a workaround.

- NOTE: I have FSX installed on my D: drive. Yours may well be a different drive letter, so modify the following as necessary!

- In windows, go the "Microsoft Games" folder that contains your "Microsoft Flight Simulator X"

- Create a new folder called "Microsoft Flight Simulator XMyTraffic". The exact spelling with spaces is important. See ScreenShot001.

- Go into the folder "Microsoft Flight Simulator XMyTraffic", and create another folder called "Scenery". See ScreenShoot003.

- Now start MyTrafficBoard. You will see the main screen. Press the settings button.

- Go to the "Flight Numbers" tab. You will see the field "My Traffic Schedule Source Data Path", which contains the invalid entry, i.e. no directory separator before "MyTraffic". See screenshot005

- Update the entry to include the directory separator. Press the save button so your settings are saved for next time. Finally press OK.

- All should be well now. You can delete the "Microsoft Flight Simulator XMyTraffic" folder created earlier.

Please let me know if this works for you, so we can FAQ or sticky it.

post-22939-128689599331_thumb.jpg

post-22939-128689599339_thumb.jpg

post-22939-128689599345_thumb.jpg

When i try to launch MyTrafficBoard i get the following error message?

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect, Version=10.0.60905.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

File name: 'Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect, Version=10.0.60905.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'

at Traffic_Board.TrafficBoard.DefWndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.

To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.

Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.

To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

MyTrafficBoard

Assembly Version: 1.0.1.2

Win32 Version: 1.0.1.2

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Microsoft%20Games/Microsoft%20Flight%20Simulator%20X/MyTraffic/MyTrafficBoard/MyTrafficBoard.exe

System.Windows.Forms

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Data

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll

System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

System.Deployment

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.[/color]

@shamkichi

We do not have any sound patch for the Japanese version yet - mainly because there is no way to get such a version outside of Japan - costum control will destroy it. I will contact you via a personal message to see what we can do.

Hi Philip,

The simconnect assembly error message is usually down to a problem in FSX, such as the installation becoming corrupted. Here it is saying that it can no longer find the SimConnect interface required by MyTrafficBoard.

So you have a few options:

1) Re-install or repair FSX. Sorry, I know that can be a huge pain.

2) If you have FSX deluxe, you might consider installing the SimConnect client from the SDK. A word of warning here, I have not tried this approach so I cannot say if it will fix it, or make things worse on the computer. You will find this in your SDK installation folder,

e.g. C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\FSX-RTM.

Regards

Simon

Hi Burkhard

YMML and are other major airports in Australia look a lot better.

Nice to see some more Virgin Blue AI planes at these airports and parked where they should be.

Seems to be a lack of International airlines, although I'll quantify that by saying I've not yet check many times and days yet.

( just checked dates and times when most internsational airlines arrive into Melbourne and yes I must say most are there, but two daily ones are not.

United Airlines fly a 747 daily into YMML which is scheduled ETA of 11:15am, also could not see any Emirates.) I gather 757-200's have not been fixed for DX10 yet? As I see a DHL Cargo at YMML with no liverie under DX10) More for next patch.

One thing, love the status board, but could we have on next update the Virgin Alantic changed to Virgin Blue, for scheduled Virgin Blue Flights.

Just wondering has either of these AI afct been included yet, Virgin Pacific or Virgin Polyneasin flights.?

Keep up the good work

Phil M

I have the same problem with TrafficBoard as shamkichi and will try the work around but happy to do registry trace for flying-w. However, am I missing something - couldn't see the .ini file attached.

Cheers

Alan

I have the same problem with TrafficBoard as shamkichi and will try the work around but happy to do registry trace for flying-w. However, am I missing something - couldn't see the .ini file attached.

Cheers

Alan

Hi Alan,

Just sent you a PM!

Regards

Simon

Hi guys, didn't know I could alter flight board, I'll check that link out.

Now as for these two airlines here are some info on them

Firstly Emirates use 773 aircraft for their Dubai to Melb via Singapore flights both ways and a 345, which I assume is an Airbus for their direct Dubai to Melb and return flights.

http://www.emirates.com/au/english/destsults.aspx

I think one of these flights continue onto Auckland NZ. Although that may be the Dubai to Sydney flight. One of those flights use a 77w, now would that be a 777 Wide body?

http://www.emirates.com/au/english/destsults.aspx

As for United Airlines. I know it is a 747 they use, as when ever they're using runway 34 at ymml, when a strong northlery wind is blowing, I can see this flight coming into Melbourne at about 1500feet, as it flys almost over my house, I live 8 to 10 km sth east of YMML.

Quite a flew flights out of LAX to Australia, most come in Via Sydney and then leg to Melb is operated by Virgin blue. Except for this one. Which is the daily flight

Learn something everyday, most go to San Fran first then onto Sydney

Or go via Auckland and then are operated by Air NZ to Melbourne.

http://ua.flightlookup.com/drilldown.ph&Port=8000

Cheers and thanks

Phil M

Daniel is correct. A lot changed between fs9 and fsx. If you are interested in something for fs9, take a look at "Traffic View Board". I don't recall where I found it, but something like google should help.

Regards

Simon