The simFlight Network Forums
Burkhard

MyTraffic X Version 5.1b fix requests

Thanks for replies maybe ill just try reinstalling the simconnect and see how that works I have a new computer I dont think I need a fresh install of everything I think the probelm has to do with the application itself but I will see what happens what is the version of simconnect that I need?

You require the original "RTM" version of the simconnect client.

Just to explain a little more about this problem. When MyTrafficBoard starts up, it tells the .net framework about its dependencies. Amongst others, we are dependent on the SimConnect assembley provided by Microsoft Flight Simulator. In some cases, .net is telling us that it cannot find the assembley. There is nothing MyTrafficBoard can do about that, it is completely dependent on .net and FSX to resolve this.

Hi again So where can I get the original "RTM" Version of Simconnect? Does it come with the FSX SP2 SDK or do I need a different SDK??

It comes with all versions of the SDK. So if you have the SP1 (or later) SDK installed, you will find it here:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\FSX-RTM

depending on where you have installed the SDK. That's how it is on my PC (the default installation folder), yours may be different.

Regards

Simon

Hi can somebody help me with My Traffic 5.1b. I am new to forums so forgive me if a make mistakes. I have My Traffic 5.1b in FSX. All the corresponding folders show; have enabled the security instructions so that the users and trusted installer have full control. All seems OK,however when I try to add My Traffic to FSX scenery nothing happends.

Hi Jaap thanks for your reply, but no,does'nt seem to be same problem. Thing with My Traffic 5.1b is that it won't add to the FSX scenery when doing the last part of the installation. Hope somebody has clues for this?

Manuco

Hi Manuco,

Please check this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=68860

Maybe the same problem?

Best wishes

Jaap

Hi Manuco,

The installer doesn't do this automatically with MTX (from simMarket). You have to add MyTraffic to the FSX 'Scenery Library' manually. Then move it to in between 'Addon Scenery' and 'Propeller Objects'. If the FSX.cfg entry is OK, there should be traffic if nothing else interferes.

If this doesn't do it, we absolutely need more information to troubleshoot efficiently... ;-)

In case, please start a separate thread in this forum. Thanks and kind regards

Jaap

Hi Jaap: If by adding MyTraffic manually to the FSX Scecery Libray,you mean that I must do that by going to FSX settings,then click on Scenery Library,then on add,and browse for MyTraffic on FSX, well this is what I've done, but after clicking on MyTraffic, to show it on the Directory window,and click OK for the file to be added, this is what I have done, and right agter clicking for the file to be added, nothing happends, because I don't see MyTraffic on the new scenery list, that will have to be moved between 'Addon Scenery and 'Propeller Objects', which do appear on tne list. . Am I doing something wrong?

What kind of additional information do you need me to provide, and please remember that I am completly new to forums procedures, as an example of this, let me know what do I have to do to start a separate thread in this forum?

Manujco

Hi Manuco,

The installer doesn't do this automatically with MTX (from simMarket). You have to add MyTraffic to the FSX 'Scenery Library' manually. Then move it to in between 'Addon Scenery' and 'Propeller Objects'. If the FSX.cfg entry is OK, there should be traffic if nothing else interferes.

If this doesn't do it, we absolutely need more information to troubleshoot efficiently... ;-)

In case, please start a separate thread in this forum. Thanks and kind regards

Jaap

Hi Manuco,

To start a new thread, you login at this forum and at the top you will see 'New thread' or 'Add topic'.

We particularly need to now which operating system you are using. ;-)

Any other addons installed?

Did you click on 'OK' when adding it to the scenery library? Scenery Library actions should cause a re-indexing of FSX.

Cheers and kind regards

Jaap

Hi Jaap: I must be blind cause I can't find the 'New thread' or 'Add topic' to create a new threat,so I hope that I am doing this correctly.

1.-Using Windows Vista Ultimate on a Dell XPS M1730

2.- Have dowloaded and installed addons before: diferent sceneries, different airplanes, FS2crew, etc.without mayor problems.

3.-Yes I did click on 'OK' when adding My Traffic to the scenery library? and had browsed before to MyTraffic,clicked on it for it to show at the directory screen, clicked OK.,turned blue, and.......... nothing happend, no re-indexing of FSX scenary, and that's what blows my mind.

Manuco

Hi Manuco,

You need to be logged in and in the MyTraffic forum to see the 'New topic' button.

Anyway, did you set the security settings according to the readme. You need to 'modify-enable' the MyTraffic folder if it's in 'Program Files'.

To change the security settings of the MyTraffic folder - right mouse click --> Properties --> Security --> Edit - giving your OS-user profile all the rights to write, modify and 'full control'. Perhaps do so with any program or profile which needs to be able to modify files?

FWIW, I did it for the entire FSX folder.

What size is the MyTraffic folder and the 'scenery' subfolder?

They should be >5GB and ca 190MB. If they differ, you should be able to rebuild MyTraffic via the MyTraffic_Communicator(.exe) in the MyTraffic folder --> Configure MyTraffic --> Rebuild MyTraffic aircraft, sceneries and schedules...

...once the security settings are right. ;-)

Hope this helps, kind regards

Jaap

post-5896-128689606632_thumb.jpg

Hi Jaap: done the whole thing: security has been granted according to instructions. At a certain forum read that the administrator also needs full powers?

MyTraffic folder has 5GB

Scenery: 191MB

Listem I'm flying back home(Lima-Peru) this afternoon: once there will recheck everything once again and will be back.

Thanks and see you

Manuco

Welcome, the first user here who identified to come from Lima.

When you add MyTraffic as scenery, you only have to select the folder, not to browse into it. If you select \MyTraffic , and cannot add this as library, please check the installation has created a folder MyTraffic\Scenery.

If it hasnt, than the user right issue is the cause, fix them and use the communicator to rebuild MyTraffic.

Hi Jaap glad to be the first from Lima on the forum,touched down early morni ng. After looking at your last post I am starting to figure where the problem is. Listen when I click on add area on the FSX Scenery library, the MFSX Window opens,and de Directory Window is in blanck. From there I look on the list and amongst others I read:

MTXV5.1 installer

MyTraffic: which contains: aircraft

FSlive

Manual

MT_Plans

MTXV5.1 install

MyTrafficatrcraft installers

My Traffic Board

Scenery

I have been clicking on MyTraffic; inmediatelly after the directory windows that was blank reads: c:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic.

Underneath: the scenery area title reads: MyTraffic

I then click OK and nothing happends.

So where is my mistake or is there something missing?

Manuco

Looks like you cannot access the scenery.cfg in the all user profile? So, when you go to the scenery library dialog, can you see all the sceneries that are added? Can you as example move one up or down, and leave the scenery dialog than without an error message about you are not allowed to do so?

Yes I can see the whole list on the scenery library; I can read for instance Edwards_AFB, Berlin,Longleat,Instanbul,Reno,Addon,Scenery,Propeller Objects and so on,with a list of their priorities at the side. And Yes I can move them up or down without any message that I am not allowed to do so. I just clicked on the Addon, and a list poped up; on this list I can read that MyTraffic is there?What does this all mean? that MyTraffic is already part of the addons but I can't see them?

Manuco

Hi Manuco, could you please zip and attach your (active) FSX.cfg and scenery.cfg?

This might be a silly question at this point, but can you select a (military) parking spot in ETAR (Rammstein)?

Thanks and kind regards

Jaap

Now that is strange, wouldn't want to fly on that afct.

I have a problem I think with a 747 at YSSY, AIrline is Phurkett airlines ( who don't even fly into YSSY in real life)

http://www.sydneyairport.com.au/SACL/Flefault.htm

I've viewed it twice and it doesn't actually land, and ATC does not tell it to go around and their is no other afct on rwy or landing in front of it.

I'll watch it again and post a screen shot if that helps!

Cheers

Phil M

Phil,

Does ATC give it clearance to land, and what does MyTrafficBoard or Traffic Toolbox Explorer have to say about the aircraft concered? In the "FSState", you will see "enroute", then do you see "landing"? If it did about, you will see "go around" for a short time then enroute again. Take care with time acceleration, as that may cause states to be skipped.

Regards

Simon

Hi Simon, No ATC doesn't, I just viewed that Phurkett 747 come into land from 10 minutes out and this time it did land and never got told to clear runway, yet it taxied off onto a taxi way and just sat there for 10 or so minutes until this happened. See screenie. It comes into YSSY Sunday's ETA 17:24hours.

So I think we may have a rougue afct. Flight comes from Bangkok.

post-17351-128689607362_thumb.jpg

Hi Burkhart and co

I think I've worked out why now United Airlines 747 comes into Melbourne every morning around 09:30 hours is not showing in FSX, I bet you have it in My Traffic as a flight from LA to Sydney, which is correct, that comes in daily to Sydney at 8:30hours ETA,

http://www.airport-la.com/lax/flight?ai2&in_out=a

it then continues on an hour later to Melbounre YMML, uisng same flight number UA839 and is not listed as a another carrier.

It seems My Traffic can't handle that or am I mistaken?

Now re logos on the Traffic Board, I have read the manual and can only see how to change their size, not how to change the actual airline logo.

I refer to Virgin Alantic logo being used for Virgin Blue flights in Austrarlia.

If someone knows how to do this would the kindly let me know.

Thanks a lot

Phil

On Phukett:

Now I know why they have been banned by the EU :lol: MyTraffic seems to have developped a life of its own, simulating reality much more real as it gets. That must be an interesting research topic for complexity theory.

Definitevely, is doesn't behave linear since 3 or for 4 years, it is much to big to do so. ( Even FSX alone does not behave linear at all, FS9 didn't either ). Shit happens in real world, and when it happens in MyTraffic with the same airline and aircraft, that is ultimate beauty.

Thanks on the UAL update. I can check if the schedule of the UAL allows to continue it to YMML. Remind me during 5.2 beta at least. MyTraffic can handle it, but it isn't listed in the data MyTraffic may used, since the data of Australia aren't public nor can be licensed.

Hi Jaap> I just do not see active FSX.cfg and scenery.cfg on MyTRaffic Folder, guess its the only place to look for them.

ETER> if I click on free flight to change the current location to ETER, it does not take me there. That is the way to do it,correct.

As far as I can see I am in big trouble, maybe because of an incomplete download.Can this be posible.

Manuco

Hi Jaap> I just do not see active FSX.cfg and scenery.cfg on MyTRaffic Folder, guess its the only place to look for them.

ETER> if I click on free flight to change the current location to ETER, it does not take me there. That is the way to do it,correct.

As far as I can see I am in big trouble, maybe because of an incomplete download.Can this be posible.

Manuco

Hi Manuco,

I have a feeling we have a mix of issues. The data looks OK, 5GB and 191MB for the scenery folder sound right. But why can't you activate MTX?

We likely have other issues. Part of this exercise is becoming 'friendly' with Windows Vista in your case (IMHO). We can only help to a certain degree with this.

A couple of questions:

- Did you install FSX multiple times? Perhaps different locations?

- Where is FSX currently installed? C:\....

- Are you using Vista as administrator? Are you sure you're using the right OS-profile?

- Does your computer/operating system have different user profiles? How many?

I'll send you a couple of commands to extract the files we're looking for, but please answer the above questions first.

Gracias

Jaap

Edit, the airport to test the (military) parking spot is ETAR, not ETER

On Phukett:

Now I know why they have been banned by the EU :lol: MyTraffic seems to have developped a life of its own, simulating reality much more real as it gets. That must be an interesting research topic for complexity theory.

Definitevely, is doesn't behave linear since 3 or for 4 years, it is much to big to do so. ( Even FSX alone does not behave linear at all, FS9 didn't either ). Shit happens in real world, and when it happens in MyTraffic with the same airline and aircraft, that is ultimate beauty.

Thanks on the UAL update. I can check if the schedule of the UAL allows to continue it to YMML. Remind me during 5.2 beta at least. MyTraffic can handle it, but it isn't listed in the data MyTraffic may used, since the data of Australia aren't public nor can be licensed.

Hi Burkhart, yes Phurkett should be banneed everywhere if that is what their pilots do :lol: I must try it again today to see what else it can do!

I'll remind you for RE UA when you do the 5.2Beta, when ever that will be, which Im sure you'll post on this support board that you are doing it.

Could you also look at Air Pacific ( Fiji Airline) Flys from Nadi to Melb direct, as well as Nadi to Sydney Direct. Have checked the 3 days that airline and afct is supposed to depart yMML, although I wonder because they use a 767-300 which I memory serves me right, the DX10 repaints for that acft have not been done yet, might be why it is not in My Traffic database? I don't think you have, as there are none of that airline at Nandi International airport. Another one for the Beta I guess.

https://www.airpacific.com/ibe.aspx?LANleSearch=1

Fleet

https://www.airpacific.com/default.aspxnformation

Ta

Phil