The simFlight Network Forums
Alvega

New MyTraffic Board

Boing,

Thanks again, but like I asked in my PM to you....

1) Please supply the logos as .jpg, where is the ICAO code letters for the airport concerned. i.e. Heathrow is EGLL.jpg

2) Keep working on the quality, you are still coming in at 10.5:1 jpeg compression. Sometimes you get away with that, other times it spoils your work. Try a screen capture tool like Gadwin Printscreen (there are many others, and mostly freeware). That allows me to crop the image and set the compression in one go. If it takes you longer than about 10 seconds per image, find a better tool!

3) When you are doing a whole load, please zip them into one package and post that package on the forum perhaps on a daily basis.

4) Despite being born in Wales, I had no idea there was an Anglesey Airport. Maybe they chopped off a piece of RAF Valley, something that is happening all over the country. If the cold war start again, we will be in real trouble!

Regards

Simon

Concerning Stewart International. As far as I can see, that was taken over by New York & New Jersey Ports authority, so the right thing to do for default is to use that logo/branding in MTB. Let's keep this as it is in the real world. However if you have a "throw-back" logo you'd prefer, you may consider installing that into your own local logo collect. The user guide tells you how to do that.

Like everybody has his favorite tools, jpeg conversion without quality loss at all is very simple using IrfanView, which in whatever manipulation of bitmaps I tried just is the best program.

Hi kagazi

Yes that is a better Virgin Blue image.

For all.

Is page 7 of manual the right page to be reading to l;earn how to change icons?

I've gone into settings and then click on My Traffic icon, nothing happens

I can see you can set a image path, but from there I'm lost.

TIA

Phil M

When I try to click on the MTX logo (searching for the pdf file...), nothing occurs!!

How can I add other companies logo?

I repeat, MTX logo doesn´t work!

Tks,

Renato

Hi Renatio,

I have found manual under the My Traffic folder under FSX folders.

Try reading Page 7, although I'm having trouble understanding it. So I can't help yet, hopefully someone more informed will be able to.

I want to change Virgin Alantic to Virgin Blue and get rid of National Jet, and change it to REX, as no such airline in Austrlia called National Jet, yeah I know Burkhard etc have to alter the actual AI plane and also add Tiger Aiways, which I'm sure they will do in next update if I am patient.But I least I can make the status board look more realistic!

Phil M

The MTX logo on the SETTINGS page is deader than Elvis. It does not do anything. However, the MTX logo on the main MyTrafficBoard (where the flight information is) is the one to use. Hold the mouse over it and you should get a tooltip saying "click here for more information...". Then click it, and another little window should pop up for a few seconds. Sorry, the nature of the pop means it closes as soon as I try to screen shot it.

I agree it is confusing to have one MTX logo that does things, and another that does not. We'll do something about that.

Regards

Simon

The MTX logo on the SETTINGS page is deader than Elvis. It does not do anything. However, the MTX logo on the main MyTrafficBoard (where the flight information is) is the one to use. Hold the mouse over it and you should get a tooltip saying "click here for more information...". Then click it, and another little window should pop up for a few seconds. Sorry, the nature of the pop means it closes as soon as I try to screen shot it.

I agree it is confusing to have one MTX logo that does things, and another that does not. We'll do something about that.

Regards

Simon

Yes we are / have sorted this out by email

Ta

Phil M