The simFlight Network Forums
mikael1984

Mikael's Official 767 Paint Thread

Great Job Once Again!

@flying-w

Burkhard just sent you 3 fokker 50's i made. it was approved by him but he wants you to approve it to. then i will add it to the fokker paint thread.

thank you!

Hi there,

Just wondering if there's a better version available for the Qantas 767. This one's pretty awful. Th 767 livery has been like this for a while now.

cheers

mitchell

post-21698-128689604954_thumb.jpg

Trying to install the Qantas 767 textures but I'm not sure what to replace in the paint folder?

The zip contains:

B763-t Qantas.bmp

B763-t.bmp

B763-t_1.bmp

B763-t_3.bmp

The paint folder:

Metal.bmp

763_l.bmp

763_t.bmp

pilots_t.bmp

wheel_t.bmp

turbine_t.bmp

I assume the "767" files need replacing with files from the zip (which ones?)

EDIT: A lot of the other aircraft paint directories have .dds files :?:

mitchell

Unfortunately this isn't so easy - these new paints also require the new models made from scratch for FSX.2.

Once the model has been completed, all the textures will be converted to dds, that reduces the loading times of textures.

Best Burkhard

Unfortunately this isn't so easy - these new paints also require the new models made from scratch for FSX.2.

Once the model has been completed, all the textures will be converted to dds, that reduces the loading times of textures.

Best Burkhard

Thanks Burkhard, but I'm not sure I understand what you mean. I'm just after a bitmap to replace the existing one so that the 767 looks like the one shown above in Mikael's screenshot.

mitchell

This cannot exist. The old model still is based on FS9 technologiy and uses a texture layout of the FS8 models I licensed from Project AI for a lot of money. Using this legacy technology, one never can achieve anything near to the brilliance of what pure FSX technology can deliver - is always will look as bad as PAI, UT, JF, WOAI and my last remaining legacy models look, and be as slow under FSX when emulated.

So there is some time needed from making the models, then the paints, than packing all together and testing it. I don't know if you feel comfortable enough to modify aircraft configs yourself, in this case I could send you the new model for testing it.

OK. I understand. I didn't realise that the 767 was an older model. Unfortunately I don't have the time to help out with this but I appreciate the work that that you and everyone else has put into My Traffic.

cheers

mitchell