The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
boing71234567

Farewell to an airline...

Which in turn has forced Atlantic Airlines, Atlantic Flight Training and Air Atlantique into difficulties, as Coventry is their sole operating base and currently an unlicensed airfield.

British Airways is making massive losses again too - but that's becoming the norm unfortunately and someone always seems to come along and throw more money at them.

Which in turn has forced Atlantic Airlines, Atlantic Flight Training and Air Atlantique into difficulties, as Coventry is their sole operating base and currently an unlicensed airfield.

British Airways is making massive losses again too - but that's becoming the norm unfortunately and someone always seems to come along and throw more money at them.

This group has merged now with West Air to West Atlantic I read.

Hamburg International I'm afraid we have to remove from 5.3a, too. Any other farewells lately?

Rare success story - Coventry is back. :)

Ian P.

AND - West Atlantic is the launch customor for A320P2F and A321P2F, conversions of early A320 and A321 to freighters, to be dilivered end of 2011...

In the end I think there will be 3 world wide airlines left, each more or less around the 3 big alliances, plus two LCC on each continent. Then the time machine of MyTraffic will be very popular :cry:

Thanks, so it is not clear what equipment will fly these connections after Sep 29th. Now I have the difficult decison to make to either ignore this or delay the release of 5.4b. If I want to include it, I can have the release candidate around october 10th which means release shifted to end of october. Is it worth it?

I do not think it is worth delaying, just include it in the next update.

Things change, schedules change, no matter how much work you put into schedules the day, week or month after you release an update something major is going to change. Look at American, they are cutting flights weekly trying to reduce costs.

There is no guarantee when the information will be available, so why delay the release of 5.4b?

The above is just my opinion and I know that someone else will have an opposite one.

Burkhard, according to all the info I can find, most of Comairs is down to next to nothing now. Taken from Wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comair

There Fleet is down to 7 AC now CRJ100 (2) CRJ700 (2) CRJ900 (3)

At peak, Comair accouted for around 1% of all Delta flights.

I wouldn't delay release for that. I would say to just delete, and by the time the 5.5 version is here everything will sort out.

my 2 cents,

Glen

I feel kind of guilty bringing it to your attention!

You are right, they downsized already so that in the data I collect now they just show 12 flights remaining, so it is no more an issue.