The simFlight Network Forums
MLang2

FSC on second PC - it doesn't work

Hi!

I want to run FSC on a second machine so that I can use FSX in full screen mode on the PC.

So I installed FSC8.3 now on my Laptop, established the network access to FSX root. But when I start the FSCBDmanager, it asks for the FSX folder, which I connect then. After that, it says that I should "copy scenery.cfg from windows root as scenerycfg.fsc to the FSX path".

I did that - about 10 times. Took the scenery.cfg out of C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX, copied it to the FSX folder, renamed it, tried it with txt.-fiel and whatever: it does not work!

Any hint what I might be doing wrong? I spent the whole night on that issue, am a little desperated now.

Thanx!

Hi Anonymous,

I suggest that you read the appendix of the help file or printed documentation which you can download from our website. In addition you might want to read the chapter on the Database Manager. Although we do not know for sure, our suspicion is that you somehow have not mounted the proper directories correctly.

Regards

Sascha

Hi Sascha!

I will go through the mentioned documentations again carefully today evening.

But the FSX-folder is mounted to a network-drive. I can selsct it in the DatabaseManager, but when I do so and the DBM recognizes the FSX folder, it says the mentioned "copy scenery.cfg from windows root as scenerycfg.fsc to the FSX path".

However, I will try it from the beginning later.

Thanks!

Martin

:)

Hi Martin,

sorry, but again: please read the appendix of the help file or printed documentation which you can download from our website and

watch the screenshot below the title: Checking the result in FlightSim Commander.

You have mounted the Path of the FS. You "MUST" mounting the Drive and then you "MUST" select the Path.

Regards,

Volker

Hi Volker!

Thanks for that hint. Unfortunately under Vista it is not so easy to mount the "program files" path. But I mounted the folder "Microsoft Games", so I have one root folder over the FSX folder. Unfortunately it doesn`t help......

FSCommander2.JPG

If I understood you right, I have to mount my whole drive c:\ just to select then "program files"-"microsoft games"-"FSX"??

Really? Because if it is like that, no Vista user could do that - as far as I understand. Vista simply does not allow to create permissions concerning the folder "program files".

....Yes....!

As I wrote in my original posting:

But when I start the FSCBDmanager, it asks for the FSX folder, which I connect then. After that, it says that I should "copy scenery.cfg from windows root as scenerycfg.fsc to the FSX path".

I did that - about 10 times. Took the scenery.cfg out of C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX, copied it to the FSX folder, renamed it, tried it with txt.-fiel and whatever: it does not work!

Here the original FSX folder:

FSXroot.JPG

But the DBManager seems not to like these ones...! Thats really sad, as I bought FSUIPC and WidesFS to use it for FSC. Now it seems that these 42.-EUR were for nothing, if it doesn`t work.

Hi, I thought I would chime in here as I'm having the same problem but in XP Pro. I followed all the instructions exactly and still FSC will not recognize the scenery config file. It doesn't matter if it is renamed to scenerycfg.fsc or not, it does not see it on my setup. My network is working fine as I have simconnect working now with ASX. Any more suggestions would be great. Anyone else out there have this problem?

Thanks for the help,

Ron Gautreau

P.S. this is with 8.3

Hi Ron!

So we both have exactly the same problem. :(

Just to repeat it again: FSC8.3., WideFS running perfect, folders available via network. DBmanager recognizes the FSX folder but states the message as shown in the screenshot in my posting above.

Any help would be appreciated very much! :)

Regards,

Martin

Ok, I made some progress. The instructions were a little unclear to me but I figured it out. After renaming the original scenery config. in fsx , you are suppose to copy the scenery config from app. data and then after the scenery is read, delete it and rename the original scenery config back to its proper name.

When I did this, FSC did recognize it and started to read the BGL's but stopped and gave me this error message: Runtime Error '52' , bad file name or number when it was reading YSSYvirginsigns.BGL from the Sydney Professional scenery from CLS.

Volker/Sascha, do you know how I can correct this?

Thanks for the help,

Ron Gautreau

Hi Ron!

Sounds good. I will try that one today evening.

Concerning the runtime error: Check this thread: http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?f=155&t=70709

The same problem, I guess as you have. The solution the user took might work, but is not the "perfect" one, I think.

BTW: Where do you have your Sydney scenery installed? If it is in an different root or folder, there can happen a error, I read here: http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?f=155&t=61464

Regards,

Martin

That was me. :) I got it to work that way, but I am not sure if by having it on two machines if I am breaking the user agreement or not. :( I had to have it completely installed on the MAIN FSX computer, and then ran ALL FMC data updates from navigraph. Then re-run your database compiler on the MAIN FSX machine. Then, once I was certain it was up to date, I copied over ALL the DB files from C:\Program Files\Aerosoft\FSC\Database\Fs10 to my secondary machine. This takes away the need to run the database program on the second machine.

After I did that, it works. I don't use the program to save flight plans, I only print them out for use, but this takes care of me needing a moving map during flight, etc. (Which you need WideFS for to make that work.)

Good luck!

It doesn`t work for me......! :(

That really su**s! Nothing helps - the scenry.cfg is not recognized, and if copy the Database folder FSC still says that the database is missing. But my Database folder on the "fist" machine looks different to the one on the new.

Whatever - I count on Volker and Sacha that they find a solution. FSC is advertised as running via WideFS. And now that I bought WideFS to use it in that way, it won`t do it. :evil:

then you did not copy correctly. You must copy the ENTIRE contents of the FIRST machine's database folder to the second machine's database folder, ONLY AFTER running the database configurator on the FIRST machine.

The widefs method of renaming didnt work for me either, but I got it working using the methods I outlined here. It's a bit of trickery on my part, but it works, and technically I am only using the program on ONE machine, just using the FSX (first) machine to generate the Database files needed.

It works.

At least partly.

After trying and trying again, I just copied my FSC folder to the new machine. FSCDBM83 and 82 were not running either, but FSCDBM80 did it. And after FSCDB80 has been running through, FSCDBM83 also did it. I do not understand it, but it worked.

The only issue I have left now is Austria Professional X. On the main machine, the airports are read from the FSCDBM83. But not on the second machine. ATPX is installed in the folder FSX\atpx\, so in the same folder as FSX with its main and addon sceneries.

I recognized one thing: in the scenery.cfg (whether in the one in FSX folder nor in the other on C:\) the ATPX is NOT mentioned. It works fine on the first machine, but I guess the second machine with its FSCDBM can not read a scenery which is not in scenery.cfg, right?

But how could that be? Any suggestions what to do?

Thanks,

Martin

Hi!

I still have the same problem.

On the first PC, all entries from the folder /addonScenery are also read and implemented into the FSC.

On the second one, which should run FSC normally, the database manager reads the "normal" scenery from FSX, but not the folder "addon scenery".

any suggestions what I could do?

Thanks,

Martin

Hi Martin,

please send following files from your main PC and from your second PC : FSCDBM_FS10.LOG to my e-mail adress, which you find at the bottom

on our homepage.

Regards,

Volker