The simFlight Network Forums
smasma

Question about TNCM

Yes, there should be a BR2_TNCM.bgl .

What's the problem? DO you have compatibility problems with Fly Tampa's airport? Which ones?

In this case, do you have the actual version, and do you run FSX SP2? That is the only combination that they support.

For some reason I dont see a BR2_TNCM file in the Mytraffic/scenery folder. I do run fsx sp2. I dont have compatibiliy problems with the airport just there seems to be some sort of problem with the traffic and some people said there could be multipule afcads. If you click on the link above it shows the problem I am having. I didn't fully test the new afcad that Martin said to download yet I have been busy. I don't think it will work, but I'll try it out. I was just wanted to know if my traffic puts in an afcad for TNCM, which it does according to you. In my Mytraffic/Scenery folder, I don't see one...

I will look it up and attach it here. I know I made one, since the stock layout does not support 747s. I do not know if the Flay Tampa Layout has two parkings gate heavy 36m.

Looks like the Fly Tampa scenery has 4 spots @ 124.67 feet, and 1 @ 125 feet (about 38 meters) using ADE to check.

Interesting. I don't have the afcad so I can't check it, but I'm curious regarding the "turn-around" located near the end of the runway. When you land and enter the turn-around are you instructed at that point to contact ground?

Whenever the aircraft leaves the runway (which is what is happening when the plane back tracks the runway) then FSX ATC will tell the aircraft to contact ground, this is also the point that any other aircraft on approach or holding to take off get automatic clearance to take off or land.

:lol: FSX ATC again at its best :lol:

No airport on the planet is using software to actually control what the aircraft do. Software that assists the tower people costs 30 000$ rental fee per month minimum. So don't expect a tiny fraction of a low cost software by the monopolist of low quality software to provide any trace of intelligent behaviour.

This would require to actually have a concept of near future in the sim - every frame of the next 20 minutes must be calculated what will happen, evaluated and discarded in such a case, starting decisions again. 50 frames times 1200 seconds are 60000 calculations, and 1000 possible decisions in this time makes a factor of 60 000 000 - all current versions of flight sim have problems with 1 frame to calculate. So let us wait 50 years until the computers are Million times as powerfull, and still do not have the intelligence of a single bee - even bees have problems with high density landings. I bet you will still be surprised how stupid your computer is with FSXX.

Yes, there should be a BR2_TNCM.bgl .

What's the problem? DO you have compatibility problems with Fly Tampa's airport? Which ones?

In this case, do you have the actual version, and do you run FSX SP2? That is the only combination that they support.[/quote

Dear sir,

Somehow I also don't have BR2_TNCM.bgl in MyTraffic scenery folder. I have Tampa TNCM in FSX SP2. My problem is no AI traffic at TNCM. No problem with other airports. I tried install Mytrafficcommercial_DX9.zip to MT_Plans folder , do I need to install on MyTraffic scenery folder also?

But I still don't have any AI aircrafts. Would you please send me The BR2_TNCM.bgl file to see if it help.

My AFX_TNCM.bgl is in TNCM scenery folder.

Sincerely

Jimmy

The BR2_TNCM.bgl file is for the stock airport - when you have any addon airport what happens there we have no influence on, since otherwise we would steel most of the airport.

This said, to my knowledge the Tampa airport and its AF2 file are AI traffic compatible, so most likely it isn't the problem. Can it be that you have any other AI traffic, maybe as part of an airport, installed in that area?

When you disable the Tampa scenery, do you have AI traffic on the default TNCM?

Dear Sir,

Thank you for the TNCN.bgl.

I uncheck the Tampa Marteen scenery and found out I don't have default traffic either. Remove the Tampa Afcad and put your BR_TNCM.bgl in MyTraffic/scenery, still no traffic. MyTraffic layer above or below Tampa MArteen won't help.

Can I create a new My Schedule only at TNCM to see if it help ?

All other airports have My Traffic a/c

Sincerely

Jimmy

This is what I expected. I'm very sure it is not the schedules and not the layout that is killing your traffic there, but a ttools schedule polution.

Is there any file containg the word traffic in scenery\world\scenery or addon scenery\scenery other than trafficAircraft.bgl.passive and trafficboats.bgl ?

Did you install and addon in that area containg AI traffic of aircraft or ships?

Does AI Traffic show up there when you disable all other addon scenery folders including addon scenery itself, only keeping MyTraffic?

Dear Sir,

You are right, no AI traffic with addon scenery disable.

No file contain Traffic in World scenery beside trafficAircraft.bgl.passive and trafficboats.bgl .

I had WOAI traffic files inside World scenery folder but did removed all before I install MyTraffic .

One thing I noticed is no AI default traffic even with MyTraffic unchecked in library ( and I removed passive word).

What default bgl files are required to bring back default AI traffic?

May be by installing and removing WOAI traffic I must loose some default traffic files?

Sincerely

Jimmy

When you also have no AI traffic with the stock enabled, this prooves that you still have a ttools/FS8 SDK/FS9 SDK traffic file installed with more than 16 flights in that area. You have to find and remove that file, any installation of anything cannot help. Of couse, if you get the WOAI aircraft back and than see them, this would proove the above theory.

Since these files also are not installed, but created later, any uninstaller will not remove them - that is why I strongly recommend to never use any uninstall on FSX, 99% of all FS problems are created by uninstallers by principle construction.

Searching this file is a bit tricky. You already know it is not in addon scenery\scenery and not in scenery\world\scenery. Is there any other bgl file below the FSX structure that contains the word traffic, just use windows serach to search for *traf*.bgl

Dear sir,

I'm sorry to give you the wrong information.

I always have My Traffic AI traffic with addons ( or addon scenery) enabled or disabled, except TNCM.

If I disable My Traffic ,all my default AI traffic come back, except TNCM.

One thing I noticed at TNCM with MyTraffic enabled or disabled, only 2 GA Cessna 208 Fedex and DHL with traffic set to 100%, but never an Airline Jet all day. The 2 Cessnas showed up around 5:00PM.

I guess the problem is narrowed down to TNCM airport only. No problem with other airports. Reinstall TNCM still get the same problem.

I'll keep you posted if I find anything.

Sincerely,

Jimmy

Now I'm the one who is irritated ;-).

Lets try to be very precise, please check every answer carefully, since a wrong one may lead us on long detours...

So, you have renamed scenery\world\scenery\trafficAircraft.bgl.passive back to trafficAircraft.bgl ?

You have the Tampa scenery currently disabled in scenery library?

You installed the BR2_TNCM.bgl file from above to MyTraffic\scenery?

When you enable MyTraffic in scenery library, you do not see these Landmark and Co? You see two small planes sometimes.

When you have disabled MyTraffic in scenery library, Landmark and Co are at TNCM?

You do speak about MyTraffic version 5.1b?

Which service Pack of FSX have you installed?

So, you have renamed scenery\world\scenery\trafficAircraft.bgl.passive back to trafficAircraft.bgl ?

**Only after I disabled My Traffic to see if I have default AI traffic back.

You have the Tampa scenery currently disabled in scenery library?

**Enabled.

You installed the BR2_TNCM.bgl file from above to MyTraffic\scenery?

**Yes

When you enable MyTraffic in scenery library, you do not see these Landmark and Co? You see two small planes sometimes.

**Exactly.

When you have disabled MyTraffic in scenery library, Landmark and Co are at TNCM?

**No, only 2 small planes.

You do speak about MyTraffic version 5.1b?

** Version 5.1b

Which service Pack of FSX have you installed?

**SP2.

So, you now have trafficAircraft.bgl as this. No problem, makes debugging easier.

When you have Tampa enabled, it does not matter if you have the BR2_TNCM.bgl file or not, as long as the Tampa is at higher priority.

The two small planes are there independant if you have MyTraffic enabled in scenery library or not?

I assume, that with MyTraffic active, you sometimes see the FEDEC C208, and without it not, just default planes?

So, more questions.

When you select TNCM as the airport you start at, you can select some gates, inclusive gate heavy, as your start location?

When you open the traffic toolbox traffic explorer from the SDK, how many AI aircraft do you count around you?

When you place yourself to other airports within approximately 100 miles around TNCM, do you see traffic ( at least in the air)?

When you rename trafficAircraft.bgl to trafficAircraft.bgl.passive again and disable MyTraffic in scenery library again, do you have any marginal rests of AI traffic somewhere?

Still all the symptoms look exactly like a FS8 format flight plan installed that has a few schedules into the area, maybe with the aircraft no longer installed or just flightplans that FSX cannot do anyways.

Dear sir,

Thank you for your patience.

The two small planes are there independant if you have MyTraffic enabled in scenery library or not?

**Yes

I assume, that with MyTraffic active, you sometimes see the FEDEC C208, and without it not, just default planes?

**No default planes, only DHL and Fedex C208

So, more questions.

When you select TNCM as the airport you start at, you can select some gates, inclusive gate heavy, as your start location?

** I can go to any gates as strat location

When you open the traffic toolbox traffic explorer from the SDK, how many AI aircraft do you count around you?

When you place yourself to other airports within approximately 100 miles around TNCM, do you see traffic ( at least in the air)?

** AI traffic at TIST TISX TJSJ . No traffic at TUPG TKPK TAPA TFFJ TQPF

When you rename trafficAircraft.bgl to trafficAircraft.bgl.passive again and disable MyTraffic in scenery library again, do you have any marginal rests of AI traffic somewhere?

**No marginal AI traffic anywhere except TNCM 2 AI Cessna

Dear sir,

Thank you for all your questions that give me a guidance and ideas to troubleshoot the problem. I finally found the cause of no My Traffic AI only at TNCM.

There is a scenery named France VFR Martinique that have a small traffic between Martinique and TNCM with C208 Fedex and DHL. The reason I could'nt

find the file from the beginning ( assuming file start with Traffic_....bgl ) but this file start with TRF_Martinique.bgl .

As soon I deleted this file, I have tons of My Traffic a/c at TNCM.

Thank you for your great help, I learn something new everyday.

Sincerely,

Jimmy

Fine this is solved, at least we understand how FSX works and doesn't work :D So lets put that onto the list of culprits - others will find the same problem too.