The simFlight Network Forums
smasma

No Traffic in the New York area

I have been flying around the New York area and the airports are empty. Occasionally theres a plane at each one, but rarely. The airports that are empty are Kennedy, LaGuardia, and Newark. If it makes any difference I do have ImagineSim's KLGA. I had this problem and I reinstalled Mytraffic and it still is happening. Is there any solution?

Thanks

I bet a free copy of My World Landclass :lol: that you have a traffic file in FS8 format installed in the New York area. This will be either found in the folder scenery\world\scenery, or in an addon airport of that area. Delete the file and NYC will awake.

FSX cannot display FSX AI traffic in an area where there are more than 16 flights in legacy format.

In the scenery\world\scenery folder I found a file with a .bgl.passive ending so I moved it to my desktop. I went back to the NYC area and still nothing. I also went to Chicago and there is not traffic at O'Hare. I do have FSDT KORD installed and a Freeware Meigs package. In the ImagineSim KLGA scenery folder everything looks like it belongs. Is there something else that I have to do?

Thanks

I recall installing a freeware meigs package over a year ago that included flight plans made using Ttools which is not compatible with flight plans made using TDB for fsx. Try unchecking the meigs scenery in fsx and see if traffic returns to KORD.