The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KNT060

MY Traffic Installation Help

Hi, I have manually completed Steps 1& 2 as per install instructions.

However I don't get the "ToolBox" entry under Tools and also the "Add-ON" drop down disapeard after I edited the dll.xml file.

Please find zip attachment.

A) First and foremost, the Operating System you are using, Vista32 SP1

B) The FS(X) version installed: Original , FSX SP1

C) The location of your FSX installation, DEFAULT

D) The Version of MyTraffic 51b(simMarket Edition)

E) In case you have troubles getting MTX aircraft to appear, please indicate whether you can - yes or no - select a military parking spot in ETAR (Rammstein) YES

Thanks

files.zip.zip

In addition, you have a second invalid entry for the traffic toolbox, pointing to the MyTraffic folder. Remove that second section completely.

OK, a couple more things:

1. You say you have SP1 installed. Do you have the SP1a SDK installed also?

If no go to http://www.fsinsider.com/downloads/Pages/default.aspx

Download and install it.

2. Sometimes it works if you explicitly tell FSX where the toolbox is.

Example - You now have this in the dll:

Traffic Toolbox

False

False

..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll

To set the path to where it actually is assuming it is on the default C: drive it would become:

Traffic Toolbox

False

False

C:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll

If you installed a different drive and/or path you would adjust as needed.

Mike

Your dll.xml looks OK now. So provided you have installed FSX and the correct SDK to the default locations it will work.

Hi,

This is really annoying me now. I've checked and checked again to make sure all the paths are ok.

Runing FSX SP1 with SP1 sdk.

This is mt dll.xml todate:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252" ?>

-

Launch

dll.xml

False

False

-

Object Placement Tool

True

False

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll

-

FSUIPC 4

False

Modules\FSUIPC4.dll

-

Traffic Toolbox

False

False

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll

-

Visual Effects Tool

True

False

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll

Anyone please help!!

I'm not trying to be funny, but how about trying out MyTrafficBoard? It has many of the facilities of Toolbox Explorer, plus others the toolbox does not have. It uses Simconnect, so you don't need the dll.xml. MyTrafficBoard is available in MyTraffic 5.1b

You say you have SDK SP1 installed. This will not work, for FSX SP1 you need SDK SP1a . Otherwise, the dll.xml is OK and nobody can help further - fortunately the traffic toolbox has absolutely nothing to do with MyTraffic, so complain with the producer of it.

Great thanks for that. So what does the traffic toolbox do?

Funny how n one from MYTraffic respons to this post!

:?:

Burkhard is the owner of MyTraffic, and he responded to you even though Traffic ToolBox Explorer is a Microsoft product, not a MyTraffic product.

You want to know what traffic toolbox does? Try google. I found, for instance:

http://www.fs-seine-75.com/SDK/EnvironmicExplorer

RE the previous post. I agree with the above. My thanks to all who have helped.

I seem to be somewhat in the dark about the product and this forum. No doubt will improve as I go along.

Thanks again :)

Earlier you said you have the SimMarket 5.1b version of MyTraffic X, so you are in the right place :D

Give MyTrafficBoard a try, it may have all you wanted from toolbox explorer. Load up a flight in FSX, then go to the Windows Start Menu, select MyTraffic X and then MyTrafficBoard.

Hi, I have manually completed Steps 1& 2 as per install instructions.

However I don't get the "ToolBox" entry under Tools and also the "Add-ON" drop down disapeard after I edited the dll.xml file.

Please find zip attachment.

A) First and foremost, the Operating System you are using, Vista32 SP1

B) The FS(X) version installed: Original , FSX SP1

C) The location of your FSX installation, DEFAULT

D) The Version of MyTraffic 51b(simMarket Edition)

E) In case you have troubles getting MTX aircraft to appear, please indicate whether you can - yes or no - select a military parking spot in ETAR (Rammstein) YES

Thanks

The toolbox entry has absolutely nothing to do with MyTraffic and is a part of FSX professional. Though, if something that worked before fails it obviously shows that the XML syntax you used is wrong. So, if you supply your dll.xml file here we can have a look if we find that error, but if you just double click it Internet Explorer also may give you an error message.