The simFlight Network Forums
YELOUM

Unable to connect to Flight Simulator

Hello,

When launching FS Commander I get the following message:"Unable to connect to Flight Simulator Msg#(no process response).

Informations:

FSX SP2

VISTA 32bits

FS Commander 8.3

FSUIPC 4.2.8

Thanks in advance for your help.

Yeloum

Hi Yeloum,

the message tell us, that FSCommander can't communicate with FSUIPC because FSUIPC can't communicate with FSX.

It's "NOT" an FSCommander problem or bug.

In this case please read following thred on Peter Dowson's forum:

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=58095

Regards,

Volker

Hello Volker

I have the same problem!

I found Peter Dowson's web page but could not see the information (viewtopic.php?f=54&t=58095) that you suggest we read.

Will you please give the full URL?

Thank you

John

Volker

I am sorry to say that my level of technical ability is not good enough to understand the solution given in Peter's answer.

it is a shame because I was hoping to enjoy and use the FSCommander programme with FS10

John

Volker

I have now downloaded and installed FSUIPC 4.3 for FS10.

I am pleased to say that has solved the problem and I am now able to 'see' my aircraft.

I do not understand why this solution did not work for Yeloum; but it works for me.

I really did not understand the information that I read on the link to Peter Dowson's page, I am unsure that it relates to the use of FSUIPC with FSCommander.

Thank you

John

Hi John,

as I have written, it's not a FSCommander problem.

The link to Peter's Forum is just an information that it can be a problem between FSUIPC4 and FSX SimConnect.

Fine to hear that it work's now.

Regards,

Volker

hi volerheine,

FSX

FSUIPC4 4.28

WIDESFS 6.75

FS83

DATABASE 8.3

DOWNLOAD FROM YOUR SITE

VISTA 32

when i am using a single cpu to run fsc83 and fsx i am getting it connected perfectly.

but i just got another vista cpu and decided to try to set up a network so that i could run fsx on server comp and fsc83 on the client comp.i have widefs working because it is showing wideclient connected on fsx screen,but when i open fsc83 on the client comp it gives me the error , UNABLE TO CONNECT TO FLIGHT SIMULATOR MSG# (NO PROCESS RESPONSE)WHAT COULD BE CAUSING IT NOT TO CONNECT ON THE CLIENT COMPUTER EVEN THOUGH FOR SURE THE WIDECLIENT IS CONNECTING WITH FSX.AND REMEMBER ALSO THAT WHEN I RUN THEM ON SINGLE COMP THEY WORK PERFECT

Hi,

please read the complete article;

1) it's not a FSCommander error (it's just let you know that there is an error with the FSUIPC)

2) compare your FSUIPC version with the current version (which is 4.30)

3) FSCommander cannot examine the WideFS configuration for you

Regards,

Volker

hi volerheine,

FSX

FSUIPC4 4.30

WIDESFS 6.75

FS83

DATABASE 8.3

DOWNLOAD FROM YOUR SITE

VISTA 32

i updated my fsuipc version and i am still getting the error message when i start fsc83 on my client computer .what else could i try?

hi voler,

if i use fscommander on the same computer with fsx it connects to fsx very well.but when running fs83 on my client computer it shows the error message.my wideclient is working because it shows connected on the fsx screen.i even updated the version to 8.4 and still getting the error.

Hi,

again, that's not a FSCommander problem.

FSCommander searching for the FSUIPC.

On a one PC System FSC searching direct in the memory.

On a network system FSC searching via WideFS for the FSUIPC.

You see, there are some reason that FSC can't find the FSUIPC

Network settings, Firewall settings, SimConnect installation, WideFS settings and so on.

Reaf also folling thread in Peter Dowson's Forum:

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=58095

Do you run on both PC Vista 32?

Have you install all program's, FSUIPC, WideFS, FSCommander as Administrator?

Have you also read the manual, section 24, Appendix network, Page 105 - 112?

Regards,

Volker

hi,

yes i am running both pc on vista 32

i installed all programs as administrator and also read the network appendix.one thing i realised is that if i try running fscommander as administrator on the client pc its gives me a message(DATABASE FOR FLIGHT SIMULATOR 2004 MISSING OR INCOMPLETE!PLEASE CHOOSE DIFFERENT FS VERSION OR RUN DATABASE MANAGER FIRST!)THIS MESSAGE I DONT CATCH BECAUSE I DONT HAVE FS 2004 AND I RAN DATABASE MANY TIMES BEFORE.

the widefs is working fine because because when i start it on my client pc its shows connected on the fsx on the server pc. should i need to make any settings in wideclient.ini for fscommander?because i realise in wideclient.log it shows nothing connecting.

oh thanks god i got it .one simple problem caused my stress.i did not install fscommander as administrtor.just having your name set as admistrator doesnt mean anything,you need to right click on the fsc setup and click run as administrator,got it.

thanks guys

Hi,

that's excactly what we have written in our announcement:

viewtopic.php?f=155&t=66110

In other words, whatever you do under Vista, do it as administrator. Notice, furthermore, that it is NOT sufficient that you are the administrator of your system. Rather, you need to install or run the relevant programs each and every time by right-clicking and selecting "run as administrator".

Next time don't make so much stress tu "ME".

Regards,

Volker

thanks VOLKER ,

i am really sorry to disturb you again.

this morning i got my network working after i reinstalled fscommander on my client pc by right clicking on the setup file then click run as administrator.have to run everything as administrator.

BUT when i got home later today i decided to upgrade the version to 8.4,aftr i did that it never worked again.i tried the upgrade on the server pc and it worked easily so i know the upgrade isnt the problem.i then uninstalled fsc83 from my client pc and reinstalled it has administrator again but when i try to run databasemanager 8.3 in administor mode it cannot find the network fsx path i mapped but if i start it without administrator right it finds the map network path but when finish running database a run time error comes up.when i try to run fsc83.exe in administrator the message comes up saying i am running the wrong fs version or database has not run as yet. and when i run it without administrator it goves through but the error unable to connect to flight simulator msg# no response comes up.

I REALLY DONT KNOW WHAT WENT WRONG WHEN I DID THE UPGRADE ON THE CLIENT PC.?????

this is unbelievable .when i try to run fsc databasemanager by right click the n run as administrator i cannot see my network path which i mapped for fsx but if i run fscdmanger straight by double click on icon without running as admin i could see the network path z:]] that i mapped.what the hell is going on.i would really would have liked if this was much easier to config on networks.I REALLY LOVE THIS PROGRAM THATS WHY I WANT IT ON MY CLIENT PC.I GOT IT WORKING ONCE ON MY CLIENT PC ,THEN WHEN I TRIED TO UPDATE FROM 8.3 TO 8.4 I NEVER GOT IT TO WORK AGAIN.ONE QUESTION ,WHEN I UNINSTALL FSC DOES IT SAFE ANY FILES ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE COMPUTER EXCEPT IN PROGRAM FILES?

the problem i have seems to be based on whether uac is disabled oe enabled.if i disable it i could run the database program with run as admin and its sees my fsx network paths .if i enable uac it would not see the fsx network path when i run as admin.if there any help someone could give me to sort this out because i also use this computer to surf and i dont want to leave my computer at risk.,

Hi,

I prefer to switch OFF the UAC while running the FSCommander and then switch ON again.

This is a WindowsVista problem, not a FSC problem

Regards,

Volker

I have/had also the unable to connct msg#10 message...

I solved the problem partly. In my case it seems it has to do with the users or drive letter.

I have made seperate users on my vista computer; privat on C: and games like FSX on D:

Login on private with administrator rights it seems FSUIPC installed fine on C: and the Add-0n pulldown is made visable in FSX and FSC conncteble.

When I open FSX in the other user Games the Add-on remains missing!! after installing FSC as administrator

No connection takes place and I get the msg#10 message.

It would help to tell us in that pop up what msg#10 means to solve the problem?!

Tip HAVE FSX AND FSC WORKING AS MAIN USER

Re-Install the tool FSUIPC as administrator in C: from boxed CD

The connection problem would be solved if the FSUIPC connects to FSX in any user/alias, after administrator acceptance, independant of the user or letter C: and D:

Thanks Volker and Sascha for this great FS-tool and react if this solves this serious FSC installation problem.

Hi,

on which drive the FSCommander installed is insignificant. Is crucial, that the FSC must installed under Vista as administrator.

See also: viewtopic.php?f=155&t=66110

On the installation of the FSUIPC we do not have influence. Is important, that the FSUIPC must also installed as Adminstrator.

Regards,

Volker