The simFlight Network Forums

"loading air, land, and sea traffic" problem

Sorry if this is covered somewhere. I searched this forum and avsim forum and the pdf file for FSUIPC 4.3 and didn't find anything. The problem is: FSX pauses and reloads air, land, and sea traffic every few minutes. I am running FSX SP2 on a Vista 64 machine. When I remove the FSUIPC.dll file from the modules folder the problem goes away. Any help would be appreciated.

Bill

Sorry if this is covered somewhere. I searched this forum and avsim forum and the pdf file for FSUIPC 4.3 and didn't find anything. The problem is: FSX pauses and reloads air, land, and sea traffic every few minutes. I am running FSX SP2 on a Vista 64 machine. When I remove the FSUIPC.dll file from the modules folder the problem goes away. Any help would be appreciated.

FSUIPC4 will most certainly not be responsible for that alone. It acts as an interface for other programs, and one of those may be the cause. FSRealTime, for instance, could cause this to happen by adjusting the time. You have to get the parameters just right -- FS reloads everything is the time is adjusted by a minute or more, so you need to get this down to less.

There is an option in FSUIPC4 which you may have set up incorrectly for your system. Look at the Miscellaneous options Tab. Check whether you have the "Keep FS Clock sync'd" option checked, and if so try a lower number of seconds -- 0 is the default, and that certainly doesn't change the minutes at all. This is actually noted in the documentation.

If the option is not checked, then FSUIPC4 is most certainly not the responsible party and you need to see what is.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

That option is checked. And now that you mention it, the problem started after I checked that little box. I am therefore confident I can address the problem effectively with the information you provided. Like uncheck that little box. :D

Thank you,

Bill Worth