The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mgbmike

Small problem on initial start but here's the fix

On start of program from the start menu it threw out an error list as follows:

If started from the desktop icon it runs fine.

My fix was to add the start-in folder to the properties section:

post-14871-128689636637_thumb.jpg

post-14871-128689636647_thumb.jpg

Thanks a lot Mike, not only in finding the problem but in proposing the solution too. I have the same problem too but never noticed it since I tend to launch from the desktop icon. Simmarket made the final installer for me, the one that is downloaded with purchase and it the installer that is responsible for deploying the start button items.

So just to recap, go Start -> All Programs -> SuperTrafficBoard V2, and then right click on the SuperTrafficBoard entry at the top of the menu. Choose properties from the context menu, and change the value for start in to correspond to the location where you installed the program. The default installation folder is "C:\Program Files\FlyingWSimulation\SuperTrafficBoard". The value in the start in field must be enclosed in quotes.

[Edited]

Actually mine is a different error! See attached for the error... Sorry about that.

Randy

I have the same problem, but the suggested fix doesn't work. I have it installed at: "E:\Addons\Flight Sim Addons\SuperTrafficBoard" so I set the START IN folder to "E:\Addons\Flight Sim Addons\SuperTrafficBoard" but no luck still give that same error. I have updated the program to 2.1. I have Vista with SP 1 as well...

Any help is appreciated.

Randy

post-19180-128689658192_thumb.jpg

Hi Randy,

STB is trying to get a font from windows here, and windows is saying that you don't have arial regular installed/available. That's rather strange, as arial has to be one of the most common fonts ever. I googled "arial font download" and there are many hits, for instance http://web.nickshanks.com/typography/corefonts

You might want to consider downloading and installing one of those, and see if it helps.

Regards

Simon

Thanks for your quick reply. Yes, I indeed SHOULD have Arial, and I DO have Arial Narrow, Arial Italic, Arial Black, etc., but I did not find Arial Regular. I tried editing a copy of Arial Narrow and called it Arial Regular, but it didn't help. Maybe I should have just called it Arial! I suspect that what happened was that some installer in the past replaced my Core Font Ariel with a copy, although I don't know why anyone would do that. I'll try that download, I just bought the upgrade for MTX (5.2b I think) and just for fun(?) I wiped my FSX and Acceleration and Re-Installed everything fresh. I am now installing MTX, then I will install the Arial Font and then STB. I am sure that will fix it, but I'll let you know if it doesn't!

Thanks Again,

Randy

[Edited]

Followup: yes indeed that worked! Thank you very much!