The simFlight Network Forums

New WideServer/Client 6 with FS2004

Peter (if you're browsing? :P

I have the registered version of both FSAVIONICS GSGarmin530 software, and FSFlightMax Remote software by John Hnidec. They marry nicely with your networking product.

Can you tell me if the FS2004 FSGarmin utility can be undocked and run on a client PC successfully? If not, what about what I already use running with your new software v.6 :?:

Can you tell me if the FS2004 FSGarmin utility can be undocked and run on a client PC successfully? If not, what about what I already use running with your new software v.6 :?:

No, FS2004 gauges are part of FS2004, just like FS2002 ones are part of FS2002. They are not separate applications, they cannot run on a separate PC using WideFS. They don't interface to FS through the FSUIPC interface even if they were separate programs. Nothing in FS2004 is dependent on FSUIPC.

If you have an existing program which runs okay on WideFS with FS2002 then it will with WideFS version 6 once you have registered WideFS so it works. The only doubt I have is on the database front. I think FlightMax generates its database from scanning FS AFD files. These are not the same in FS2004. You might have to make do with FS2002 data.

Regards,

Pete

Thanks, Peter.

I'll look for your Wideserver/FSUIPC package release over the weekend, and hope that the incompatibility issues with 2002 are not dissapointing as far as networking is concerned. :cry:

BTW: Canada won't see FS2004 until the '29th I'm told. Why does Europe get it earlier? Puzzles me too... :roll:

Canada won't see FS2004 until the '29th I'm told. Why does Europe get it earlier?

I thought UK release date was at least another week off. Normal release dates here are Fridays, so I'm guessing 1st August at the earliest. Do you know different?

Pete

Pete, you replied above: "If you have an existing program which runs okay on WideFS with FS2002 then it will with WideFS version 6 once you have registered WideFS so it works." I, too, run the FSGarmin remotely via WideFS, and I am wondering if what you say here means that I must register only WideFS 6 to make this work as-is, without registering FSUIPC. In other words, is it necessary to register both utilities if only remote operation of currently unaccredited applications is desired?

Thanks.

Rick

I am wondering if what you say here means that I must register only WideFS 6 to make this work as-is, without registering FSUIPC. In other words, is it necessary to register both utilities if only remote operation of currently unaccredited applications is desired?

You need not register FSUIPC if you do not need any of its additional user facilities and you do not need to run any un-accredited programs on the same PC as FS (including any aircraft panels which may use FSUIPC).

A registered copy of WideFS (actually it is only the Server which is registered) will support clients, and every client serviced by it will support all compatible programs.

Regards,

Pete