The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
greencow

Simconnect and MTB

Hi,

I'am using MTX5.1b and I'am trying to run MTB on a client PC. I also use ASX on the client PC which works very well. Simconnect is from fsx version SP1a.

I've copied MyTrafficBoard folder on the client PC and I've launch it. The result is a Microsoft.NET framework message :

"Unhandled exception has occured in your application....

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.version 10.0.60905.0,Culture=neutral.

PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependancies. Le fichier spécifié est introuvable."

Could you tell me what should I do ?

Thank you for your help.

If I remember correctly, SDK SP1a was FSX SP1? Maybe ASX was designed to work with the level of SimConnect, I don't know. MTB was designed to work with RTM, so you need to install the simconnect version for that. It's quite OK to have multiple simconnect clients installed, and you'll find what you need in the SDK legacy folder.

If I may plug it once more, Super Traffic Board improves on this situation by using any version of SimConnect you have, and uses the latest if there are multiples.

Regards

Simon

Ok. I've installed simconnect RTM and deleted version sp1a. Traffic Baord works perfectly. But now Active Sky X doesn't work. It needs Simconnect SP1.

So I've installed simconnect SP1a with the RTM and everything is OK.

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards,

I am having the same issue as Greencow.

We are now in 2010 with MTX at version 5.2b. Would it be too much to ask if MTB could be updated to use the latest version of simconnect ,or even better, just any version. That way we don't have to spend additional money purchasing an additional add-on, being Super Traffic Board.

I don't like having to install several versions of a program, as it makes managing then more complex and confusing.

Sorry, MTB is discontinued. If you like the experience MTB gave you, please look at SuperTrafficBoard that will give you an even better one. As a MyTraffic customer, you get a discount at the place you purchased MyTraffic from.

Simon

I don't like spending money if I don't have to. But I was hesitant in installling Simconnect Client RTM. I just performed a complete clean re-installation and add-ons, making everything run so smooth. I was afraid that installing Simconnect RTM, where Simconnect SP2 was already installed making ASX work perfectly on my client.

After reading some more feedback on other forums, I finally decided to close my eyes and go for it. Gosh, if it scews up fsx, I will really be p....d!

THANK GOD! It worked and now I have MTB running on the client together with ASX, Xgraphics and some other utilities without problems and no impact on fps at all.

STB will have to wait untill I find something it offers in addition to MTB that I might enjoy.

For now I am excited that I have the trafficboard in sight while running fsx on 3 lcd's with my matrox 3HTG.