The simFlight Network Forums

All MT aircraft, no airlines

nandrews

Thanks for the reply, but no I haven't installed anything more than the basic add-on.

I am sure it started out showing the airline name in the tag but something I have added in since must have changed it.

I have tried rebuilding the database with no effect.

I assume the MT means 'empty' i.e. that MYTraffic doesn't see any airline name assigned to that aircraft, tho' it is clear from the AI when it is close that is has one!

Nigel

You are on the wrong track. What gets displayed there has absolutely nothing to do with MyTraffic, but is a setting inside FSX. Using the basic FSX settings, you can only select a few display lines, if you have FSX de Luxe resp. Professional and installed the FSX SDK you get a much bigger choice - but is has nothing to do with MyTraffic. The airline name is typically available twice for MyTraffic, as UI_variation for the user interface using the marketing name ("British Airways") and as ATC_airline using the ATC name (SPEEDBIRD).

What you see is the UI_manufacturer.

OK I am surprised as I thought I saw them displayed previously.

I will check some settings. But you say I have to have the SDK? I do have FSX deluxe.

Doesn't that mean that anyone installing MyTraffic sees the same? It doesn't show MyTraffic to the best if they don't provide a way to show the proper tag or at least prompt me how to be able to show it.

Thanks

Nigel

MyTraffic cannot be used without FSX, so things that are part of FSX should not be sold a second time ( with the danger to crash FSX since we know that there are at least 4 different versions per language on the market) . If you have the de Luxe version, the SDK is most of what you paid extra.

OK I am learning.

Obviously MyTraffic has no use on it's own, without FSX!

But if every user of MyTraffic has to make special changes to show the airline name for the AI (which is what MYTraffic is all about) I am surprised they left it for users to find out for themselves how to do this.

I might have expected it to be automatic as part of the MyTraffic installation, or at least an obvious instruction.

Even with out the airline names I am thoroughly enjoying flying FSX with the AI visible and all the other add-ons working for a great experience.

Thanks again

Nigel