The simFlight Network Forums

Porting A SimConnect Application to FS9/FSUIPC

I have an usual request, to port an application written for FSX using pure SimConnect calls into FS9. To acheive this, I need to find ways of implementing the varions Simconnect API functions and callbacks into FSUIPC or other interfaces. Some things I can see how to achieve through reading/writing offsets, particularly where dealing with simulation variables, however there are other things I am more curious about. These include the Simconnect API calls to create ATC AI aircraft, set flight plans etc, which are more the domain of the traffic toolbox explorer and perhaps are implemented in underlying dlls.

Some questions:

a) Has anyone come up with a list mapping SimConnect API calls to FSUIPC offsets or similar?

b) If there are SimConnect APIs outside of the scope of FSUIPC, does anyone have a list of how those could be implemented in FS9? Perhaps by interfacing to the underlying DLLs (along the lines of "delete AI" in FSX).

I've not written FSUIPC applications before, so please forgive the ignorance behind the questions.

Thanks

Simon

... the Simconnect API calls to create ATC AI aircraft, set flight plans etc, which are more the domain of the traffic toolbox explorer and perhaps are implemented in underlying dlls.

These facilities are not provided in FSUIPC.

does anyone have a list of how those could be implemented in FS9? Perhaps by interfacing to the underlying DLLs (along the lines of "delete AI" in FSX).

I did manage to hack into parts of FS9 to implement the facilities to send Controls (key events) to AI aircraft, and to delete them. These facilities are available through offsets both in FSUIPC3 and FSUIPC4. I do not know how to create AI aircraft in FS9 nor provide them with flight plans. maybe someone has hacked into it all that far, I don't know.

Regards

Pete