The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gihanjay

Flight 1 Super80 Pro Flight Plan question

I have been using FlightSim Commander for some time now and new had a problem with importing flight plans. But after purchasing Flight 1 Super80 Pro, I can not import any PLN files to my FMC. I have change the location of the path to find the correct folder but still nothing. If I create a flight plan using FSX, it loads fine, but not the same for flight plans created using FSC.

Any help would help me figure out what is going on.

Gihan

Version: FSX deluxe with SP2

FSUIPC / WideFS version used: FSUIPC4 4.3 (Registered Full) not using WideFS

FS Commander and Database Manager version used: Both using latest: 8.4 and the 8.4 database Manager

Aerosoft version or download version from our website: Download version from the FS Commander Site

Operating System (Vista32/64, XP, 2000): Windows XP with SP3 32bit

Gihan

It is using the XML version or .PLN file. If I make up a plan using FS Commender and save the file to the FSC folder, I have pointed to Super80 Pro to look for this folder on start up, I can only bring up files created from FSX and not FSC 8.4. I have tried to make a flight plan in FSX and named it ATLMCO.PLN, the file is loaded to the FMC, but I can not load FSC PLN files. It is only happening to the Super80 Pro version and not any other add-on. Any other Add-on reads the PPLN files created from FSC 8.4.

Gihan

Hi Gihan,

For me it all works fine with FSC 8.4 and Super 80 Pro under Vista 32.

I save FSC flightplans in directory C:\Users\\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\FSC.

Within Super80 Pro FMC entering eg. co-route "FSC/KBWI-KBOS" does the job.

I love FSC! Only some minor issues exist for me, eg. why such a small texbox for displaying directory path and such a narrow file listbox for Load/Save flightplan?

Kind regards,

Sjaak

I tried what you said and still it does not load.

I am going to open a new flight plan and save it and see if it opens in Super80 Pro.

Also, I am going to see if the FSX PLN file is different than the FSC version.

Gihan

Hi guys,

According to the file types, the FSC 8.4 version only saves the file as a FS9 compatible file and if you look at the file code from FSX, the file is saved as a XML format. Is there a way to make the flight plane save as the native FSX format instead of FS9 format. I will post the file code today when i get home.

Gihan

Hi Gihan,

which flightplan format is the ac Flight 1 Super80 Pro are using?

Regards,

Volker

Hi Volker,

Super80 reads flight plans file in its FSX native format and not in FS9 format. To get the file to read in Super80, I have to create it using FSC, which I love :-), and then save it, then open it in FSX, and save it again with a new file name. If you do this, it works fine as it reads the XML format of FSX, but will not work if I try to load the FSC PLN directly without the convention using FSX in between. Any idea if you can have a option to save flight plans in the native FSX XML format?

I will post the two files for your comparison later today.

Gihan