The simFlight Network Forums

Offset of $62BC for PMDG MCP status

Can anyone confirm that it should work or what is the offset which represent the state of PMDG MCP.

PMDG's use of FSUIPC's offsets in FS9 are proprietary to them and are not published by them as they have a policy of charging for development data for third parties. I think some folks did hack into these once, but I also heard that, as a result, PMDG scrambled (encoded) their data, though this may have been just another rumour.

I don't really think anyone here is likely to be able to help you, at least publically, and in my position, with good relationships to PMDG, I couldn't allow open publication of confidential proprietary information here in any case, no matter how much I sympathise with the needs. Sorry.

Regards

Pete

Whooops I did not know I am cruising on forbidden airspace.

There's nothing wrong with asking, and if you can find useful information on it, good luck to you. It is just that I cannot allow publication here and keep good relations with PMDG. I don't really agree with their policy on this, as I think they'd actually do better opening their super aircraft up to cockpit builders and hobbyists. But they seem to fear that hardware vendors will "cash in" on their hard work. They actually sell the interface facilities to those hardware firms who are supporting their aircraft. Of course this policy rather leaves home-builders out in the cold.

Regards

Pete