The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RichardL

Product Questions

Hello Alan,

I have a few questions about your product.

What exactly does it do for WOAI?

Does the program self-install for all installed WOAI aircraft?

What do you do if you install more WOAI aircraft after your product is installed?

Does the product fix the very loud AI aircraft engine sounds? Taxiing Cessnas sound like they are in the seat next to me.

As mentioned, Cessna engines sound very when taxiing but I've noticed the engine sound is very quiet on takeoff. Is that addessed?

You mentioned engine start-up sounds are included. What about shut-down? APU?

I'm sure I'll have a few more questions.

Thanks.

Hello RichardL

Q. What exactly does it do for WOAI?

A. It does what is said on the tin! The Extreme provides more realistic aircraft sounds, such as Takeoff, cruising and landing and Flyby sounds.

Q. Does the program self-install for all installed WOAI aircraft?

A. No! Because the WOAI fleet consists of hundreds of aircraft, it was impossible for me to create an installer for all of them. However I managed to obtain a popular variety of aircraft to enable the flight simmer that use WOAI, to be able to copy and paste the aliases into their respective WOAI Aircraft.

Q. What do you do if you install more WOAI aircraft after your product is installed?

A. If you were to read the instruction, it will tell you that there is a manual install facility on the installer this will enable you to copy and paste any soundai into your new downloads.

Q. Does the product fix the very loud AI aircraft engine sounds? Taxiing Cessnas sound like they are in the seat next to me.

A. I don't quite understand what you are trying to say?

Q.As mentioned, Cessna engines sound very when taxiing but I've noticed the engine sound is very quiet on takeoff. Is that addessed?

A. Traffic_Sounds_FSX Extreme was developed in respect to real life environment, if you have ever been in a real Cessna, I am sure you would find that because the aircraft has triple if not more glazing, the external sounds would be dramatically reduced, this also applies to a control tower environment.

Q You mentioned engine start-up sounds are included. What about shut-down? APU?

A. FSX is not capable of producing either Start-up or Shutdown Sounds for AI Aircraft. I have tried every way possible to get them to work. The only success I had was with the start-up sounds by attaching a dummy beacon light to every AI aircraft along with an effect that triggers the start-up sound. Sadly I have not mastered how to do the Shut down sounds yet?

Perhaps you could let me know how it can be done.

All your answers to these questions are in the manual

Thanks Alan

Alan,

I seem to sense a bit of attitude in your replies to my questions. I tried to word the questions as clearly and honestly as I possibly could. I have no idea why you would take offense to simple questions about a product you developed.

You mentioned a few times that some of the information I was requesting was in the manual. Where is the link to the manual? I have no plans to purchase your product just to read the manual to find out it's not for me.

Please understand, I'm not bashing you or your product. I'm interested, but I do research on a product before I make a purchase.

If you can post a link to the manual, I will happily read it.

Regards,

Richard

Hello Richard

No I have no attitude,not that I am aware of,perhaps you would be better asking my Wife?

I simply wanted to reply to your questions, although if you dont mind me saying that some of your questions I quite could not understand what you were trying to ask?

You can download the manual at

https://rcpt.yousendit.com/614216357/f94a310ebaf7

Cheers Alan

Hello Richard

Please tell me, how did you know about the Startup and shut down sounds, I have not mentioned these in any of my release notes??

BTW these are a Freebie.

Regards Alan

Hi Alan,

Thank you for the documentation link.

On your Startup sound question, I read an FSX Forum post at Avsim.com stating the Startup sound was included. Shutdown and APU was not mentioned in that post, that is why I asked here. Avsim post number is 452400, "How Do I Get Better Sounds From My AI Aircraft". By now I'm sure it's on the second page of the main FSX topic group.

Regards,

Richard

Alan,

What program is needed to view the documentation file? I only have MS Works and Abobe Reader. Neither can open the linked file. Is it in MS Word? If so, can you reformat it to Abobe or just a .txt file?

Richard