The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
walouigi

New error Unable to locate file to start DBM

Hi There,

Today I was trying to update the DB since I was not able to locate any ILS for RNW for EDDF.

So Iran the DB manager and I got this error.

"Database manager has not found an important file, Please check the FSDBM-FS*.logfile" program will now abort.

I can run the DBmanager for FSX not for FS9.

All was working fine about a week a go, now I don't know what is the the problem.

Please advise . I am running version 8.4.

BTW I have removed FSC and reinstall with no luck.

Thanks

Hani

Hi Hani,

to verify the problem please

run the DatabaseManager Verion 8.4 again and select the FS9.

After the errormessage is shown, go into the FSC folder and search for the file FSCDBM_FS09.LOG.

Rename this file to FSCDBM_FS09.LOG.84.

Now run the DatabaseManager version 8.3 which seem to work. Select again th FS9.

After running with no errormessage go into the FSC folder and search for the file FSCDBM_FS09.LOG.

Rename this file to FSCDBM_FS09.LOG.83.

Now send both files to my e-mail adress which you find at the bottom on our homepage.

Regards,

Volker

Hi Volker.

Well I have sent you the log for 8.4 however, when I went to run DB8. I got this error

" Run Time error 75" Path/File access error,

Please advice what to do

Thanks

Hani

Hi Hani,

have receive your Log files.

You have done the wrong work.

Please read carefully the current manual, chapter 24, Appendix Network, Page 105 to 112.

In your case you have given access to the scenery folder and then you have mounted this folder.

That's wrong.

You must give access to the drive or to the Flightsimulator folder and then mount the whole drive

or the whole Flightsimulator folder.

That's the reason that you have doubble entry's and also that you have an

access error 75 (Run Time error 75" Path/File access error) with the DBManager Version 83.

Regards,

Volker

Hi Volker,

I have done exactly what the Document is saying, and I have removed FSC and reinstall, and I have no problem with FSX except still the double entry.

As for FS9, I still get error 075 with DB8.3, and I cannot go forward, so I still did no install 8.4 yet.

As I said in my last E-mail, I have installed FSC also on my FS PC and for FSX I still see double entry, so the being installed on a client PC is not the problem.

Please advise.

NB on my FS PC the FS9 is fine except missing ILS info, I have sent you an AFCAD and the ILS DB from FSC DB for FS9.

Thanks

Hani