The simFlight Network Forums

Logitech G25 pedals and rudder

If the settings keep changing on you, you can lock them by adding the line:

LOCKED=1

to each joystick section in the fs9.cfg that you want to lock. FS has a habit of reassigning some things automatically. This will keep that from happening."

Credit to PhilC for that.

That still works in FS9? I think I documented it for FS98 or FS2000 many years ago, but i thought that all changed when FS was updated to use DirectInput. If it works still that is useful!

Regards

Pete

• 1 month later...

>tried the PPJoy and GlovePIE idea, but it doesn't work. I'm not sure why, but using "joystickX" doesn't apply settings to any joystick. I'm running Windows 7 so it must >have something to do with the way that joysticks are read. If you use the GlovePIE tutorial, I can make the Virtual Joystick work with a mouse, but not a joystick. I >REALLY don't want to buy rudder pedals, so if anybody has an idea, I'd appreciate it.

Hi Jim,

In case you are still trying to get your G25 with a Leo Bodnar USB box to work, here's what's working for me based on the technique posted on the IL-2 forums:

1. You need to d/l and install

- PPJoy

- GlovePIE (I'm using v.29)

2. Run PPJoy Configure Joysticks, Add Virtual Joystick (Parallel Port -> Virtual Joysticks), click Done.

3. Run GlovePIE and use the following GlovePIE script to combines the values of the two G25 axes into one axis in the virtual device (PPJoy.Analog0), I adapted the original G25 one for the Leo Bodnar axes:

//Combined throttle (Y) and clutch (dial) make virtual joystick axis.

// G25 original

//PPJoy1.Analog0 = 0.5*Joystick1.y - 0.5*Joystick1.dial

// G25 plus Leo Bodnar USB box

PPJoy1.Analog0 = 0.5*Joystick2.xrot - 0.5*Joystick2.zrot

Joystick2 is the device number of the G25 Pedals when I have my X52 connected as well, so in my Control Panel Game Controllers list it looks like:

Saitek X52 Flight Controller

Logitech G25 Pedals

PPJoy Virtual joystick 1

You might have to change the Joystick2 to Joystick1 or whatever ID the G25 Pedals has on your system. You can use Control Panel Game Controllers to test as you stop and swap it in GlovePIE script then click Run.

4. Leave GlovePIE running and start FSX or whatever sim you need to use the rudders for and assign the appropriate PPJoy axis.

Hope that helps, works for me with Blackshark etc.

• 1 year later...

Hi Peter

I have readed the whole thread, and testet a lot, based on your description.

But i dont get it to work, and i think i know where the problem is.

First, let me explain the situation:

I have the Logitech G25 Racing Wheel. This Wheel has 3 Pedals, Clutch, Brake, Accelerator.

In the game controller settings it can be set as combined pedals or not.

With combined Pedals Switched On, the Brake and Accelerator gets to one Axis and can be easily set in FS for the Rudder.

The con with this config is, that the Brake goes very hard to push in, and the Accelerator easy, also this pedals are close together, so not very comftable.

With combined Pedals Switched off, i have to set 2 Axis for the Rudder, same as here in the thread. But i dont get it to work, when i test it with a 2 Axis Gamepad your solution works fine, but not with my pedals.

The Problem must be that in the case of the gamepad the sticks are going back to center, mean 0, but when i left the pedals out the value is at minimum or maximum, depends on what pedal is let out at last, and so the rudder stands complete left or right.

My values are:

Accelerator Pressed In: 16383 Let out: -16384

Clutch Pressed In: -16384 Let out: 16347

Have you an idea how i can make this to work ?

I have tried it with these changes as you wrote:

you would add these to the first:

,*0.5,+8192

which would convert the range first to 8191 to -8192 then, by addition, to 16383 to 0

and the second:

,*0.5,-8191

which would convert that range first to -8192 to 8191, then, by addition, to -16383 to 0

In what order to i have to config all ?

Open FS, set the axis, click ok in fsuipc, change the ini files, go back to fs, open fsuipc and calibrate.

Or must i close the fs at any point ? and to i need to calibrate it ? if so, how ? clutch left out = min, Accelerator pressed in = max, and what should i set as center ?

My problem is also that anytime i open up fsuipc after the ini change, it deletes my changes from the ini file.

Thanks in advance

With combined Pedals Switched On, the Brake and Accelerator gets to one Axis and can be easily set in FS for the Rudder.

The con with this config is, that the Brake goes very hard to push in, and the Accelerator easy, also this pedals are close together, so not very comftable.

But that's not going to change at all, is it, no matter how you configure them?

My values are:

Clutch Pressed In: -16384 Let out: 16347

I have tried it with these changes as you wrote:

you would add these to the first:

,*0.5,+8192

which would convert the range first to 8191 to -8192 then, by addition, to 16383 to 0

and the second:

,*0.5,-8191

which would convert that range first to -8192 to 8191, then, by addition, to -16383 to 0

Yes, those should work okay.

In what order to i have to config all ?

Open FS, set the axis, click ok in fsuipc, change the ini files, go back to fs, open fsuipc and calibrate.

Or must i close the fs at any point ?

No need to close FS. You simply need to use the "reload" button in the FSUIPC Axes tab after you've edited the INI file, then go to calibrations and calibrate.

and to i need to calibrate it ?

Yes, of course. You should ALWAYS calibrate. You need a decent sized null centre zone so feet off the rudder is always centred, and you should have a dead zone at either extreme so you know you can always reach max deflection no matter what the hardware reports.

if so, how ? clutch left out = min, Accelerator pressed in = max, and what should i set as center ?

You don't do anything like that. Please look in the User Guide and follow the steps, one by one. They are numbered.

My problem is also that anytime i open up fsuipc after the ini change, it deletes my changes from the ini file.

It never deletes anything until it re-writes the settings when you press OK to exit. You simply use the Reload buttons -- there's one on each of the assignments and calibrations pages. Any time you edit the INI manually, just reload the settings. That's why these facilities are provided AND documented for your use!

In any case, how is this more complex method of assignment and calibration going to help change the fact that the "Brake goes very hard to push in, and the Accelerator easy, also this pedals are close together, so not very comftable."? I don't understand how any of this helps you. It just makes things more complicated for you to no end purpose.

Regard

Pete

Thanks for your answer, i see i have to learn much about fsuipc, so i will read the guides now.

In any case, how is this more complex method of assignment and calibration going to help change the fact that the "Brake goes very hard to push in, and the Accelerator easy, also this pedals are close together, so not very comftable."? I don't understand how any of this helps you. It just makes things more complicated for you to no end purpose.

The purpose is to use the Clutch and the Accelerator for Rudder, cause they are going to press nearly at same strength, and they have more space between, cause in the middle is the brake...

So this setup where, really better.

As i wanted to test your suggestion now, i have noticed a strange thing: my pedals now have other values, the are now both in same value direction:

Clutch Pressed In: 16383 Let out: -16384

I dont get this, isnt this impossible ? i have no axis set in FS and sensitivity is set at maximum, and dead zone to minimum. So the userguide says.

How would be the values for the ini file with this numbers, i have to add ?

I am right that they also should be:

,*0.5,+8192

,*0.5,-8191

I have tried it with the reload asignment button, ive set both axis to fsuipc direct as rudder, click ok, then edited the ini, opened fsuipc go to the axis tab pressed reload asignment, but then only on axis is still set as rudder, the second setting disappeard.

Its too bad that i cant get it to workd this way, i think this is to complex for me.

regards martin

As i wanted to test your suggestion now, i have noticed a strange thing: my pedals now have other values, the are now both in same value direction:

Clutch Pressed In: 16383 Let out: -16384

You will need to reverse one of them.

I dont get this, isnt this impossible ?

The values received from a USB joystick driver are whatever that driver wants to send. I don't see anything like that as "impossible".

How would be the values for the ini file with this numbers, i have to add ?

I am right that they also should be:

,*0.5,+8192

,*0.5,-8191

You'd need to reverse one of them, the one which you are adding 8192. As the Advanced User's guide tells you "... to multiply the axis value by . This can be a fraction, such as 0.5 (to divide by 2), and it can be negative, to reverse the axis direction." So try

,*-0.5,+8192

,*0.5,-8191

I have tried it with the reload asignment button, ive set both axis to fsuipc direct as rudder, click ok, then edited the ini, opened fsuipc go to the axis tab pressed reload asignment, but then only on axis is still set as rudder, the second setting disappeard.

That can only happen if by editing it you've made the line invalid. Something you are doing is wrong. Show me the edited [Axes] section, before you go back and reload.

Its too bad that i cant get it to workd this way, i think this is to complex for me.

Of course it can be complex trying to make a device do something it is not and never was designed to do. But it isn't really as difficult and as complex as you make out.

Regards

Pete

Thanks a lot for your help.

I have tried it again, and again one axes is after reload not set as rudder anymore.

Here is what ive edited:

before editing:

[Axes]

0=0Z,256,D,3,0,0,0

1=0U,256,D,3,0,0,0

after editing:

[Axes]

0=0Z,256,D,3,0,0,0,*-0.5,+8192

1=0U,256,D,3,0,0,0,*0.5,-8191

regards martin

EDIT: i got now the newwest fsuipc version, a voilla, i add the lines and it is set.

Now under calibration

my clutch goes from let out -16383 to pressed in 0

and the Accelerator from let out 16383 to pressed in 0.

schouldn they be 0 wehen let out ? so the rudder is center

I got it !!

[Axes]

0=0Z,256,D,3,0,0,0,*0.5,+8192

1=0U,256,D,3,0,0,0,*-0.5,-8191

but how can i switch the direction ? at the moment when i press the clutch, left pedal the rudder goes right

it works very smoothly, but when i set the rev option under calibration tab, only one pedal the is working

okay now its working as i want !!! :D

[Axes]

0=0Z,256,D,3,0,0,0,*-0.5,-8191

1=0U,256,D,3,0,0,0,*0.5,+8192

thank you so much for your help

• 8 months later...

This has been driving me crazy. I have the G25 wheel/pedal setup and I'm using the controller from Leo Bodnar to put make the pedals independent from the wheel.

The problem with using the G25 pedals is that the rudder axis is on one pedal. That means you have to constantly hold the pedal centered to keep center rudder, lift up to apply left rudder, and push down to apply right rudder. That make it pretty difficult to control.

I tried the PPJoy and GlovePIE idea, but it doesn't work. I'm not sure why, but using "joystickX" doesn't apply settings to any joystick. I'm running Windows 7 so it must have something to do with the way that joysticks are read. If you use the GlovePIE tutorial, I can make the Virtual Joystick work with a mouse, but not a joystick. I REALLY don't want to buy rudder pedals, so if anybody has an idea, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Jim

Got the same setup as you, G25 pedals using the Leo Bodnar controller.

I would like to know if you have a solution...

• 2 months later...