The simFlight Network Forums
Burkhard

Announcing MyTraffic X Version 5.2 - why wait for less?

After many months of hard work, I'm happy to announce that MyTraffic X Version 5.2 is ready to be shipped very soon. The core data are

166 aircraft base series ( 113 of them in FSX SP2 format )

4300+ liveries ( 3500 of them on FSX SP2 models ).

This long awaited release is the most important AI traffic event this year, and sets the new standard for FSX AI traffic. Don't bother about just half of this.

If you want to read all details, including the list of all included airlines and paints, please visit http://www.fsrail.com/index_X.htm

This is available at Simmarket only for now. Rebated updates are available for you, the Simmarket costumors, only by now. Updates for Aerosoft costumors are available at Simmarket too .

I attach just one screen shot from Miami, full of new models.

Some new screen shots will be on the Simmarket pages shortly. And now, while I go to take some sleep, I hope on you to show me the first beautiful 5.2 screen shots. Requests for patches can wait until next week (and are welcome then) :lol:

post-148-128689643121_thumb.jpg

Mr. Burkhard Renk,

Thank you for this version 5.2; simMarket.com and I have worked out our differences, and I have just purchased/downloaded this new and amazing package from you/them.

I do have a quick question about the installation; the file accompaining the product refers to v5.0 installation; Is this correct or do I need another Instruction file(s)? I currently have the v5.1b that you gave me installed and just want to be sure before I accidentally destroy my FSX/MTX 5.1b setup.

Will wait to install until I hear from you.

Thank you again.

You should have fot a zip file, and in there is an instruction for 5.2, isn't it? Is there an old file that still accompanies the package. Please PM me about details of the file names you got. Thanks Burkhard

Some more details - and a little trick.

MyTraffic X 5.2, once installed, has 30000+ files and 8.19 GB. Of these files, around 19000 have creation dates after 5.1b release, 25000 after 5.1 release, and only 2000 are still old files from FS9 times, the latter on the Russian planes which are going to be replaced with version 5.2a and some military fighters which are schedules for 5.2b.

If you are concerened of disk space, you can easily use the NTFS option to compress the aircraft folder. This saves about 4.5 GB of disk space, without any quality loss. The overhead of the decompression when opening the files is marginal, and on all systems I tried is over compensated by the gain of having to transfer and cache smaller files. Especially on systems with more than one core, this will still help performance.

Congratulations Burkhard on another excellent release, thanking you again for the wonderful support and help on all the problems and questions i had before! Your customer support is first class if more companies treated their customers like you do the world would be a happier place! :D :D

Congratulations from me too.

Super Traffic Board has been updated to look great with MTX 5.2, with new configuration files adding the new airlines and aircraft. These updates are free to Super Traffic Board customers and may be downloaded from:

http://www.supertrafficboard.com/downloads/MyTrafficX_52.zip

Instructions for loading the new configuration files are here:

http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?f=268&t=73065

Note: The bundled MyTrafficBoard may not display all the new airlines and aircraft correctly, and will not be changed to do so. Please do not try to use these updates with MyTrafficBoard, they are incompatible and will break it. If you want the best experience possible with MTX, please upgrade to Super Traffic Board at SimMarket if you have not done so already, where MTX customers are eligible for a discount:

http://secure.simmarket.com/product_info.php?products_id=3094

awesome job Burkhard. you have taught me all about fsx from making planes to finding folders, before i signed up on this website i didnt know what a c drive was, or an sdk, if i got 1 error report i would re-install fsx not knowing that i could just change something in the sim.cfg. And im sure you remember my first flight simulator paint of all time:lol: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=66494&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=135 i wish you a lot of sucess in this new addon and i hope for the best. Also i will send i notice to the youtube readers and listeners that are eager to ge there hands on this.

thank you

You should have fot a zip file, and in there is an instruction for 5.2, isn't it? Is there an old file that still accompanies the package. Please PM me about details of the file names you got. Thanks Burkhard

Mr. Burkhard Renk,

When I purchased MTX v5.2 I got the following files:-

B. RENK - MyTRAFFIC X V5.2 (update/discount) MTXV52_for_FSX.zip

B. RENK - MyTRAFFIC X V5.2 (update/discount) MyTrafficX_Installation_Instructions.pdf

The "MyTrafficX_Installation_Instructions.pdf" file is what confused me, as it refers to MTX 5.0 and the setup for that; I didn't notice that there was another installation file until I uncompressed "MTXV52_for_FSX.zip" and saw "index.htm"; Thus the confusion. I think I should just follow the "index.htm" for the installation and forget about the "MyTrafficX_Installation_Instructions.pdf"; Correct?

BTW: I'm look forward to MTX v5.2b; do you expect that to be a payed update too?

Thank you for keeping this product as "Outstanding" as it has already become. 8)

Hi Burkhard,

After you enjoy your most deserved rest, would you please summarize a few good reasons for upgrading from v5.1b to v5.2? I'm a very happy user of MyTrafficX v5.1b and, of course, I would like to follow the evolution of this great add-on. However, since this is not a free upgrade, I would like to evaluate the specific improvements/benefits of v5.2 to decide if I go for it now or wait for another future version, bypassing this one.

You don't have to show the absolute numbers, which are already on SimMarket's website and in the documentation (this many aircraft, that many flight schedules, etc). It's the "relative" numbers/features that I'm looking for. What are the main advantages of v5.2 over v5.1b? Greater number of aircraft? Greater number of flight schedules? Some improved feature(s)? Better performance compared to v5.1b? Better quality (visual, AI, etc)? More aircraft on FSX and DX10 standards? Etc...

I think that this could help many of the existing v5.1b happy users to make a decision. Thanks for your support and congratulations, once again, for this great product!

Regards,

Marconi

here is a little video i made of my traffic version 5.2, there will be more videos, i just wanted to get this off before the high holidays when everyone i buying, buying, buying. around halloween to february is when i get the majority of posts and views. this video is also made on my new computer so the frame rates are excellent in the video.

link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTmICE0mhBw

i kind of wish i had better quality but this will do.

thank you

here is a little video i made of my traffic version 5.2, there will be more videos, i just wanted to get this off before the high holidays when everyone i buying, buying, buying. around halloween to february is when i get the majority of posts and views. this video is also made on my new computer so the frame rates are excellent in the video.

link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTmICE0mhBw

i kind of wish i had better quality but this will do.

thank you

Mr. boing71234567,

Thank you; nice video! :D

PS: I just installed my copy of MTX 5.2 and its great 8)

Bought, downloaded and installed it last night, and there's (finally) traffic at Kai Tak again. Even a surprise visit from a British Airways Concorde!

Thanks, Burkhard!

Yes, after I realized that that VHHX was taken out of service before the Concorde, I felt that this is the place for her to survive, since she was there frequently.

While I would add that flying a British Midland Concorde inner British isn't tolerable.

Hi Burkhard,

After you enjoy your most deserved rest, would you please summarize a few good reasons for upgrading from v5.1b to v5.2? I'm a very happy user of MyTrafficX v5.1b and, of course, I would like to follow the evolution of this great add-on. However, since this is not a free upgrade, I would like to evaluate the specific improvements/benefits of v5.2 to decide if I go for it now or wait for another future version, bypassing this one.

You don't have to show the absolute numbers, which are already on SimMarket's website and in the documentation (this many aircraft, that many flight schedules, etc). It's the "relative" numbers/features that I'm looking for. What are the main advantages of v5.2 over v5.1b? Greater number of aircraft? Greater number of flight schedules? Some improved feature(s)? Better performance compared to v5.1b? Better quality (visual, AI, etc)? More aircraft on FSX and DX10 standards? Etc...

I think that this could help many of the existing v5.1b happy users to make a decision. Thanks for your support and congratulations, once again, for this great product!

Regards,

Marconi

I would also like to know the answer to this question. What are the main advantages of this 5.2 version over 5.1 to make us pay EUR 14.28 (12 + VAT) for it?

Thanks.

Compared to version 5.1b, the following aircraft have been completely replaced ( or are added as new) by high quality DX10 models:

ATP,ATR42,ATR72,B707,B720,C135,KC135,KC137,E3A,B757-200(including a real freighter),B757-300,B767-200(including a real freighter),B767-300(including a real freighter),B767-400,BAe 146-100,BAe146-200,BAe146-300,Beech1900,Challenger300,Challenger600,Challenger850,Canadair CRJ200,CRJ700,CRJ900,CRJ1000,Bombardier Global Express,DC8(-61 to -73),DC9(-10 to -50),DC10,MD11(including a real freighter),Embraer 120,135,140,145,170,175,190,195,R99,Fokker 27,28,50,70 and 100, Saab340 (S100) - and I'm sure I forgot one...

Many of these have sub models again.

Many more models have got more and updated paints. New ailines came in, defunct ones went. New Schedules based on actual data.

The number of paints went up from 3500 to 4300, the number of airlines from 1400 to 1800.

Of the 30000 files included, about 19000 have been created or modified after 5.1b release, and more than 25000 after the last commercial release 5.1.

A couple of extra things:

- A new model not yet mentioned; a visit to EGLF at 13:49Z should find it! This too is an FSX model, perhaps a first for vintage military AI?

- A lot of the older night paints (e.g. B737, Dash8, MD8X) got a significant and realistic upgrade.

Regards

Simon

Yes, there are some nice easter eggs hidden here and there, not to talk about the different factory A380s and and...

I have downloaded the file MTXV52_for_FSX.zip but it won't unzip. It comes up as "not a valid archive" with error message WZ40. The file is 605 mb in size.

This is the second try try at downloading as the first one had the same problem.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Tom

Compared to version 5.1b, the following aircraft have been completely replaced ( or are added as new) by high quality DX10 models:

ATP,ATR42,ATR72,B707,B720,C135,KC135,KC137,E3A,B757-200(including a real freighter),B757-300,B767-200(including a real freighter),B767-300(including a real freighter),B767-400,BAe 146-100,BAe146-200,BAe146-300,Beech1900,Challenger300,Challenger600,Challenger850,Canadair CRJ200,CRJ700,CRJ900,CRJ1000,Bombardier Global Express,DC8(-61 to -73),DC9(-10 to -50),DC10,MD11(including a real freighter),Embraer 120,135,140,145,170,175,190,195,R99,Fokker 27,28,50,70 and 100, Saab340 (S100) - and I'm sure I forgot one...

Many of these have sub models again.

Many more models have got more and updated paints. New ailines came in, defunct ones went. New Schedules based on actual data.

The number of paints went up from 3500 to 4300, the number of airlines from 1400 to 1800.

Of the 30000 files included, about 19000 have been created or modified after 5.1b release, and more than 25000 after the last commercial release 5.1.

Thanks for the reply Burkhard! Wether going for this upgrade or not, I will definitely continue to be a happy MyTrafficX user. Thanks for a great add-on!

Now, let's check my upgrade at SimMarket... ;-)

Regards,

Marconi