The simFlight Network Forums
robvanderwiele

No traffic after installing v5.2

Hello,

I followed the instructions and tried everything I could think off, but no traffic at all. I used v5.1 in the past but I switched to woia because I didn't like the looks of some planes in FSX. This afternoon I saw that 5.2 was out for FSX, so I purchased it via simmarket. I de-installed all my old ai traffic. Restored the sound file. Then I installed MyTraffic 5.2, everything went ok. I checked the scenery.cfg and the entry to MyTraffic is there. The fsx.cfg file is also looking good with the MyTraffic\aircraft entry added. I got the sliders for the traffic in FSX on 100%. Directory structure in installation directory is also looking good. I run rebuild_MyTraffic.bat but no luck so far. Hope you can help me out on this.

Rob

Found it! I was browsing through my directories of FSX to see if I forgot something, and in the scenery\World\Scenery there where some left overs from the woai install. Once I removed those files the traffic shows.

Looking great!

Rob

That is an extremely general problem with uninstallers. By definition, an uninstaller removes exactly what the installer installed, and nothing else - that is what they are done for. This model assumes that nothing gets changed after the installation - since an uninstaller will not undo this. Many FSX addons, including all AI traffic addons, do make something after the installation, at least compile flight plans, copy some stuff, or the most extreme MyTraffic X unpacks hundreds or archives. All this may not be undone by an uninstaller.

If you want to remove MyTraffic, there is a longer procedure in the manual, which requires a certain order of things. At the end you can run the uninstaller, but really only after you did the other steps, and then you will be clean.

If uninstallers don't come with explicit instructions, or if you do not find these, please do never use uninstallers to remove addons to FSX - the chance you blow up FSX unnoticed, and run into problems after installation of the next addon, that you will blame for your problem, is 30%.