The simFlight Network Forums

Closing Logbook manually for next version

janmoons

Hi,....

believe me, there is something wrong with the outoclose function of the logbook. Not always a perfect touch down is able to close the logbook wich recorded all previous waypoints perfectly. More reliable is an extra button to close the book manually after a succesfull flight. Maybe an issue for next relase???

Greetings,

Pardon me for adding to an existing thread, but my problem is similar to Original Poster's. I just finished a flight (FSX), but FSC did not register that I had landed. I tried your sugg. of "clicking on the L" but the logbook still did not upadate with the recently completed flight. I am using FSC 8.3, build 050508 By the way.

Steve.

• 2 weeks later...

Volker,...

the autoclose function is indeed unstable. The logbook does not always register the landing and forcing the book to close with the "L" button does not put the flight into the logbooklist. The flown hours are lost forever....That's why a special "Close" button must force the already flown data in the logbook. Btw, what is triggering the book to close?,...touchdown of the gear or entering a specific range around the airfield tower? Sometimes the logbook closes suddenly when leaving the runway. Otherwise I also saw closing on touchdown...

Best regards

Jan

Volker,...

the autoclose function is indeed unstable. The logbook does not always register the landing and forcing the book to close with the "L" button does not put the flight into the logbooklist. The flown hours are lost forever....That's why a special "Close" button must force the already flown data in the logbook. Btw, what is triggering the book to close?,...touchdown of the gear or entering a specific range around the airfield tower? Sometimes the logbook closes suddenly when leaving the runway. Otherwise I also saw closing on touchdown...

Best regards

Jan

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I found this thread after posting about a similar problem that I thought was due to the length of flight. I have the same issues described here and I am using FSUIPC 4.50. I tried to click the "L" to change the status from red to black and this still did not save the logbook. I too would like to see a manual close of the logbook so very long flights are not lost.

Thank you,

Jeff