The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC Offsets for XPNDR setting

Hello,

I am looking for the offsets for the FSUIPC functions XPndr High/Low NN Inc/dec. I want to access this function directly via SIOC rather than via an FSUIPC button. The latest list of FS controls I found is from 2003, when these functions were not yet there.

Thanks

Boris

I am looking for the offsets for the FSUIPC functions XPndr High/Low NN Inc/dec. I want to access this function directly via SIOC rather than via an FSUIPC button. The latest list of FS controls I found is from 2003, when these functions were not yet there.

Your request is rather mixed up. You want offsets for FS controls?

FS controls are one thing, FSUIPC offsets are another. You can directly set the transponder value via an offset in FSUIPC -- not increment it or decrement it, but set it, all four digits at once.

And this "latest list of FS controls" dated FS2003 MUST have the transponder increment and decrement controls in it because they've been standard in FS since about FS95. On the Schiratti site, where all my programs and FS documents are, there are lists for FS98 and FS2000, both dated 1999, and they are in there, a list for FS2002 dated 2001 and they are in there, and the list for FS2004 dated 2003 and, amzingly, they are still in there.

The dates of such documents are from when they were published which, with the exception of FS98, coincide more of less with FS release dates.

I don't know why you can't find them -- try using search on "XPNDR".

Incidentally, with FSUIPC installed, just enable Event logging then use the keystroke or mouse on the thing you want to find the control for, then look in the Log. That's one of its main uses.

Regards

Pete

Offset might have been the incorrect term here. I give an example: KOHLSMAN_INC is 65883, KOHLSMAN_DEC is 65884. With these values I can access the baro setting directly from SIOC by sending FS control 65883 or 65884 when turning a rotary encoder.

Logging gives me for example this:

*** EVENT: Cntrl= 65883 (0x0001015b), Param= 0 (0x00000000) KOHLSMAN_INC <-- I can see FS control 65883 for KOHLSMAN_INC

FSUIPC Control Action: Ctrl=0, Param=0

I built a transponder with 2 rotaries, one for the higher two digits, one for the lower two. The function I want to use is the one I mentioned above, and it was added with one of the FSUIPC updates after the 2003 list was written (at least the function is in FSUIPC, but not in the list). For testing, I have assigned four buttons, one for each function.

Log:

364453 Button changed: bRef=0, Joy=2, Btn=4, Pressed

364453 [buttons] 9=P2,4,C1055,0

364453 FSUIPC Control Action: Ctrl=1055, Param=0

364578 Button changed: bRef=0, Joy=2, Btn=4, Released

Here I don't see the EVENT: Cntrl= xxxxx for Xpndr High NN Inc, which increases the higer two digits.

Therefore I am looking for the FS controls (is that the correct term?) for:

XPndr High NN Inc

XPndr High NN Dec

XPndr Low NN Inc

XPndr Low NN Dec

And of course I did a search for transponder/XPNDR through all the FSUIPC documentation I have before posting here.

Regards

Boris

Offset might have been the incorrect term here. I give an example: KOHLSMAN_INC is 65883, KOHLSMAN_DEC is 65884. With these values I can access the baro setting directly from SIOC by sending FS control 65883 or 65884 when turning a rotary encoder.

Yes, they are FS Controls.

Logging gives me for example this:

*** EVENT: Cntrl= 65883 (0x0001015b), Param= 0 (0x00000000) KOHLSMAN_INC <-- I can see FS control 65883 for KOHLSMAN_INC

Correct.

I built a transponder with 2 rotaries, one for the higher two digits, one for the lower two. The function I want to use is the one I mentioned above, and it was added with one of the FSUIPC updates after the 2003 list was written (at least the function is in FSUIPC, but not in the list). For testing, I have assigned four buttons, one for each function.

Log:

364453 Button changed: bRef=0, Joy=2, Btn=4, Pressed

364453 [buttons] 9=P2,4,C1055,0

364453 FSUIPC Control Action: Ctrl=1055, Param=0

364578 Button changed: bRef=0, Joy=2, Btn=4, Released

Here I don't see the EVENT: Cntrl= xxxxx for Xpndr High NN Inc, which increases the higer two digits.

1055 is an FSUIPC conttrol, not an FS control, so it doesn't appear in the list of FS controls. The list of FS controls only lists FS controls. And the FSUIPC event logging doesn't include the names for its own controls. Maybe it should. I'll think about that. All FS controls are above 65536. The added FS controls are generally much lower -- excepting offset, macro and Lua controls which use a complex encoding involving all 32 bits.

All of the added FSUIPC controls are listed in the Advanced User's guide, under the heading obscurely entitled "Additional 'FS' controls added by FSUIPC". There are 4 added controls to handle the transponder in digit pairs (the FS controls for the transponder handle each digit separately).

Therefore I am looking for the FS controls (is that the correct term?) for:

XPndr High NN Inc

XPndr High NN Dec

XPndr Low NN Inc

XPndr Low NN Dec

They are added FSUIPC controls and they are in the list of added FSUIPC controls. That is where you must look!

And of course I did a search for transponder/XPNDR through all the FSUIPC documentation I have before posting here.

Then you presumably don't have the Advanced users guide. I suggest you re-download the FSUIPC.ZIP from the Schiratti site so you have the complete documentation.

Oh, and apologies for not reading your original message carefully enough. I should have spotted that you were referring to the dual digit controls. I think the confusion between "offsets" and "controls" took precedence! ;-)

Regards

Pete