The simFlight Network Forums

VATSIM TRAFFIC

slainte13

I know this may have been explained else where but I could not find answer. My problem is when I log on to vatsim using fsinn latest edition I cannot see any of my ai package. FSINN recognizes the aircraft some 5,000 are so but does not display them. I used to have woa1 aircraft but I have removed this and I can see mytrafficx fine when not online flying. I am willing to take any flaming at this stage because I just cannot fix this problem. Any help even minor would be greatly appreciated. :(

You can either fly online and see your friends making movements, or offline and see AI traffic. That is a basic design of FS, and I do not expect this to change within the next 10 years.

The reason is the logic. AI traffic evolves a lot depending on your settings, your system perfromance, and what you do in detail, and some random decisions. So even if you have the same hardware with the same settings, and initialize within one second, you will not have exactly the same AI traffic.

Now it is FSX ATC that is responsible to handle the hundreds of AI aircraft. Online flying replaces the FSX ATC by your friend before his computer. He knows nothing about your AI traffic, and I assume he is not willing to serve 700 AI planes with ATC instructions at the same time as serving you - so this is not foreseen by ACES, and everybody who thought about this comes to the conclusion that this is fundametal.