The simFlight Network Forums
remind

Changing a logo ?

Hi

OKay I worked out and got the logos showing in super traffic board, but it is showing Virgin Alantic logo for Virgin Blue flights in Australia

There is a Virgin Blue logo in the folder where all the logos are.

Is it possible to change the logo Super Traffic B is using for Virgin Blue FLights to the correct logo? If so how?

Thanks in advance

Phillip

Hi Phillip,

Super Traffic Board uses the airline callsign to select the logo. Where multiple airlines share the same callsign (effectively the case with Virgin Atlantic and Virgin Blue where each uses their own branding) this can be a problem.

We have a solution to this in the next version of STB, where the aircraft paint title may be used to override the callsign value used to select the logo (and the airline configuration, IATA codes etc.) This is coming in version 2.1 scheduled for release in December. If you want an early look, there willll be a call for beta testers in the next couple of weeks.

Regards

Simon

Hi Simon

Thanks for quick response and explanation.

That also explains why I see a default FSX AI afct logo, as the logo is not in the logos folder, looks like someone missed it when desinging & beta testing My Traffic 5.2.

A flight schedule between Melbourne and Carins is using the default Orbit CRJ700 afct.

I've posted in my traffic forum about it, how to change airline, which I partly understand how to do, still learning.

I look forward to update.

By the way, well done on the board.

Keep up the good work

Phillip

Thanks! It's a challenge to find every last logo for every last airline for all of the AI packages out there. Sometimes the airline is unclear, sometimes a logo cannot be found so I do welcome community involvement in this regard. If you discover a missing or incorrect logo, and even better can send me the correct one, I'll see what I can do with it.

Another customer very kindly sent me a collection of logos recently that I'll be integrating into the collection shortly.

Regards

Simon

Hi Simon,

Not a problem your welcome.

If you go to these two web sites, you should be able to save as the logos for each airline.

These are Melbourne and Sydney international airport flight details per day.

http://www.melbourneairport.com.au/fids&submit=Go

http://www.sydneyairport.com.au/SACL/Flefault.htm

You probably have them all, but in case your missing any. It may assit you.

Cheers

Phillip

Hi, I see since I posted this query, that SB V2.1 patch has not solved the problem.

e.g Virgin Blue at Australian airports are still showing Virgin Logo.

"We have a solution to this in the next version of STB, where the aircraft paint title may be used to override the callsign value used to select the logo (and the airline configuration, IATA codes etc.) This is coming in version 2.1 scheduled for release in December"

Now I have a partial fix and that is to back up the virgin logo file and rename virgin blue to virgin, however that will only work if you are only going to fly in Australia.

Didn't the change as mentioned in earlier replies to this post of mine happen?

If there is another way of fixing this than my partial way above, I'll be very happy to hear it.

TIA

Phil

ps at least the minor problem in one of my earlier replies isn't happening anymore.

Hi Phil,

The change I was referring to is in V2.1:

- Select the flight that has the incorrect logo

- Right click, and choose "Configure Callsign Overrides..." from the context menu.

- It an overrides does not exist for the particular aircraft paint, one is created

- In the Objects tab of the Settings Notebook, you can now specify a new callsign for that airline.

You will need a logo with the filename corresponding to new callsign you chose (e.g. VirginAustralia.gif)

The new callsign is only know to STB, FSX retains the original value.

If you've been through all that and something is still wrong, please send:

- The CallsignOverrides.txt file from the SuperTrafficBoard application data folder.

- A reminder of the AI package you are using, and the aircraft paint title that is incorrect.

Thanks

Simon

Hi Simon thanks for rpely and info.

I try it out and let you know how I go.

Cheers

Phil

Edit

Well the first one I tried didn't work, but I tried another aircraft and it did, so I am sure I can work out why the other one didn't work.

Thank again Simon

Phil