The simFlight Network Forums

MyTraffic 2006

WFH

More wondering why it will not install. The installer works as far as DC10_MY.exe and stops - time after time after time. Doesn't help when trying to search the forums for clues and the arcane logic of these forums treats mytrafficaircraftinstallers as more than one word. Anyway I spent a fair amount of time trying to find a solution and hopefully you can solve it for me.

Many thanks.

Looks like the download was not successful. So either the archive is damaged in the download, or a misconfigured virus checker has damged the file. Please, before downloading any software, and before running any installers, make shure that your virus scanners are set ti warn only, and not to repair anything.

Case this does not help, please send me a PM and we can try a download from an alternate location.

Not quite closed I'm afraid. Having examined the installation I find there is item for it in Control Panel nor on the All Programs menu. Looking further it appears files have been sprayed around when I would have expected them to be in the MT folder. Is the fact that I have the 5.2 version for FSX installed (although on a different partition) anything to do with this?

http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/5879/mt2006xn2.jpg is a screen capture of part of the FS9 root directory. I reckon some of those files should be elsewhere.

FS9 and FSX are two completely different programs, which have almost nothing in common. Therefore the organisation of MyTraffic X is completely different to MyTraffic 2006, for FS9 as examples aircraft have to be in the \aircraft folder, scenery under \scenery, etc...

Yes I know that - but where should all the traffic.bat files, the patchsound.exe, runonce.bat, the USEnglishBig files and any other in that screenshot be that at present are in the root folder of FS9. (By the way - the FSX version is working just fine).