The simFlight Network Forums

Anybody has time to test the new sound file?

Burkhard

Dear friends, finally the new sound file got finished, adding another 600 sound segments. What I have now is a usenglishbig.gvp ( German version only by today ) that should have no missing airline or aircraft callsign.

It would be good if a few people could use this before I start the long sequence leading to a sound patch of the supported language versions. If you have time to lsten, please drop me a PM.

I think the problem is that the FSX voice engine isn't all that consistent with some pronunciations, maybe you could try "RAF Heir" or "RAF Fair"

I've noticed it makes a big difference depending on what follows the callsign too, Rafair 276 sounds fine as it should, but Rafair 956 seems to cut off the beginning of the word, so it sounds like afair, it really is very strange at times.

I remember in the previous version 5.1 one pronunciation that always made me laugh was when it said "BABY", a lot of the time it said it correctly, but every once in a while it would say "bom-bee", I've not noticed it doing this with this latest version yet.

It always made me laugh when the FS engine mispronouced my birthplace, which has an airfield attached to some large Airbus factory. Hawarden (EGNR) is pronounced "harden" by us locals (or maybe Penarlag), but quite phonetically by FS it comes out as ha-war-den. Maybe there's a place for me on the localisation team for FS 11 :wink:

I think the problem is that the FSX voice engine isn't all that consistent with some pronunciations, maybe you could try "RAF Heir" or "RAF Fair"

I've noticed it makes a big difference depending on what follows the callsign too, Rafair 276 sounds fine as it should, but Rafair 956 seems to cut off the beginning of the word, so it sounds like afair, it really is very strange at times.

I remember in the previous version 5.1 one pronunciation that always made me laugh was when it said "BABY", a lot of the time it said it correctly, but every once in a while it would say "bom-bee", I've not noticed it doing this with this latest version yet.

Yes, Baby gets cut togther from Bombay and some Bee. Now there are ten voices, and all of them have different timings, so I think it depends on the voice which is speaking. Since the previous sound patch still was based on the FS9 sounds, the new one has been cleared for a lot of airlines added for FSX sound file. Will try a new Rafair.

@kagazi yes, but that is Microsofts part in it.

I now uploaded the sound patch updater for the English and the German version to www.fsrail.com/MTXV52Patchsound.exe . This should be possible to apply to the stock sound as well as to the 5.0 patched sound. Please apply only for the moment if you know how to make a backup of the working file first :)

I do not know if it can be applied to the intermediate files I uploaded here. The French and Spanish versions will be processed the next days.

• 2 weeks later...

Talking about the new soundfile: will you also work on the pronunciation of the word 'german' (in combination with airforce or navy)? Unfortunately it sounds pretty odd and therefore doesn' t really correspond with the very high quality level of MyTraffic.

As far as I know most of the military flights in Germany are filed using a 'mission'-callsign.

My first post on this forum - a perfect chance to say thank you very much for this perfect addon!

HF

Unfortunately the word "German" does not exist in the vocabulatory environment that comes with FSX, and the way it is now is the result of a long searching environment. Mission also does not exis, but might be easier to be put together.

I'd love to create a completely independant sound basis, but this is a mommooth task - I once discussed it with a sound professional and he found out production costs to be around 250 000€ .

Unfortunately the word "German" does not exist in the vocabulatory environment that comes with FSX, and the way it is now is the result of a long searching environment. Mission also does not exis, but might be easier to be put together.

I'd love to create a completely independant sound basis, but this is a mommooth task - I once discussed it with a sound professional and he found out production costs to be around 250 000€ .

As I don' t have enough change with me :(

Any other support you may count on me (used to be a member of the ATC at EDCG -nowadays ETME)

Addition (saturday, November 29):

Probably it' s worth trying 'dsherman', 'tsherman' or 'djerman'? The pronunciation of 'Djerba' (DTTJ - Djerba Zarzis) works fine!

HF