The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jean-Jacques

Beware of 'commas' in file titles!

Hello Everyone,

To facilitate the retrieval and eventual disposition of information, all my addon scenery files are organized, with a few exceptions, in a subfolder to the FS9/Addon Scenery directory. To further enhance easy identification of information, I use more rather than less descriptive file titles. I doing so however, I used commas to separate bits of information in file titles, for example, Pittsburgh, PA KPIT (2008). Such a file title resulted in the following entry in FS9's Scenery configuration file:

[Area.348]

Title=Pittsburgh

PA KPIT (2008)

Local=Addon Scenery\JJ Addon Scenery\Pittsburgh

PA KPIT (2008)

Remote=

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

Layer=105

rather than

[Area.348]

Title=Pittsburgh PA KPIT (2008)

Local=Addon Scenery\JJ Addon Scenery\Pittsburgh PA KPIT (2008)

Remote=

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

Layer=105

The use of the comma in the file title caused part of the title to go to a second line both under the heading of "Title=" and "Local=". Although the scenery continued to be available to FS9, FSC's DataBase Manager ignored the file. In the end, I ended up with the correct scenery being displayed in FS9 but the wrong information being displayed by FSC (ILS, parking and other info). Somehow, the information displayed by FSC was from another AFCAD, either in ‘Addon Scenery/MyWorldAirports’ (My Traffic 2006 for FS2004) or FS9’s stock AFCAD (in this case AP926170.bgl).

After deleting all commas used in my scenery file titles, FSC now displays the correct information for all addon scenery files. I thought I’d share this information in the hope that it is useful to some of you.

Regards,

Jean-Jacques

Hello Jean Jacques,

Merci de l'info, personnellement j'utilise le caractère "underscore" "_" plutôt que la virgule pour identifier plus précisément les lieux et cela ne pose pas de problème. :wink:

Bons vols...