The simFlight Network Forums

Airport List

mw308

Hello everyone

I've just bought this excellent piece of software, and it installed and is running well. However, in my Airport drop-down list, I only have "_AllAirports (x)", where x is the number of airports currently on the board. As I understand it, you can select a specific airport rather than typing in the ICAO code (which works)? Running XP (x86) with SP3 and STB on the same PC.

Bit of info for this:

STB Version: 2.1.0.4

FS Client Ver: 10.0.61259.0

FS Server Ver: FS=10-0-61472-0 SimConnect=10-0-61259-0

Any help would be great.

Many thanks

Will

Hi Will,

the "x" in "All Airports" is the total number of aircraft that the board has a track of. If this is a low number, your airports might not have enough traffic to be listed on the board. If this is the case, you can adjust the minimum threshold at which airports are listed in the pull down menu. Go Settings, Data Interpretation Tab, and reduce the value of "Airport Movement Threshold". That is the minimum number of flights your airport needs to be included.

Regards

Simon

"Automatically select closest airport" will select the airport so long as it has at least the minimum amount of traffic there. I wonder if Bill is asking for the nearest airport to be selected no matter how many flights are active at it? I also wondered if it might be distracting if your choice of AI package did not populate small airfields very well, but it might not be so bad to see an empty board relecting no active traffic.

Regards

Simon

"Automatically select closest airport" will select the airport so long as it has at least the minimum amount of traffic there. I wonder if Bill is asking for the nearest airport to be selected no matter how many flights are active at it?

That's basically it Simon. For example, if I am at EGNX I would like EGNX to be automatically displayed irrespective of whether the traffic criteria is met or not.

Hi Bill

Just out of interest who did you buy the program from? I got mine from Aerosoft, and starting in Medeira yesterday put the airport at Medeira when connecting to FS. I know all publishers should be using the same version, I'm wondering if that could be a factor. Also I take it you've put the minimum AI requirement to 0 and tested that way?

Simon

My "home" airport is Plymouth, and WoAI suitably fills it with Dash 8s when I fly (as I tend to fly when there are aircraft there anyway), so it's quite good to have it showing, with even nothing there to be honest. Although if I may request a feature to possibly add at some stage - I've got my STB not looking at Live FS traffic, but at the traffic scheduling data. Would it be at all possible to have it look several hours ahead in the data, to show flights that aren't on the stand, but that will be flying say in 4 hours time? I think this, if possible, will make it look even more like a traffic board you find at airports.

Thanks

Will

Every publisher has exactly the same code, at least that's what I intended! On the statistics page of the settings notebook, it should say "2.1.0.4". There may be a little variation in configuration files for the various AI add-ons, as the files were improved over time. It's not an issue here, but the up to date files can be downloaded, and will be refreshed when 2.1 goes out to the publishers.

Regarding advanced scheduling for flights yet to exist, many complications surround that. Let me think about it for a future release.

Regards

Simon

No I do not have it set at 0 as that would bring up a whole shedload of airports in this area. I just thought (maybe erroneously) that when parked up at an airport the local information could be brought up. It is no big deal as I can always type in the ICAO code but I'm lazy. :wink:

Hi Bill

If you set the traffic count to zero, whilst you still get a longer list of airports, it might tell you if the "local airport" is functioning or not, even if it's only a test. Also, when are you connecting the trafficboard? Once you are at the airport, or when you are at the selection screen?

Will

Simon - open it when I am at the airport (EGNX) as it is my default. My flights normally start from there partly so I can fly over my house :D but I quite often take a flight due to go and fly the same one. EGNX works just fine but there are not a lot of planes there most of the time when traffic is on 40%. I'm fine with it - it is a great program and works wonderfully well. As I said - I'm lazy (and getting old).