The simFlight Network Forums

How Do i remove reverse thrust from axis?

Hi,

How would i remove reverse thrust from being deployed on my throttle axes in fsuipc?

I have assigned and calibrated them but when i advance then retard the levers, reverse

deploys that i would rather do through switches.

Many thanks

Nige

How would i remove reverse thrust from being deployed on my throttle axes in fsuipc?

I have assigned and calibrated them but when i advance then retard the levers, reverse

deploys that i would rather do through switches.

Odd, this. The whole reason FSUIPC ever offered the separate throttle axis calibrations was because most folks wanted to be able to put a reverse zone on the levers. That has lasted nearly 10 years. Now all of a sudden folks want to use this facility without that option.

I assume this is down to the two or three throttle quadrant manufacturers who have decided, in their wisdom, to put a switch at the base of the lever?

Anyway, because several folks have asked this same thing, all in the space of the last two or three weeks, I am adding such an option. I suppose i should do it for Prop Pitch and mixture too:-(

At present the way to do it is to make the lower end of your Idle zone the same as the minimum/reverse thrust position. That works. A lot of folks are using that method. It simply isn't intuitive because the facility is not designed (or documented) that way.

Else wait for the next interim update, which will be made available in the Downloads announcements above.

Regards

Pete

Sorry to add to your workload :)

It's okay, you haven't. After the requests recently I added it to my list in any case.

But you can already accomplish the same thing in the way I said. I'll simply making it more obvious (less confusing perhaps) with a specific option.

but this is a homebuilt 737 throttle quadrant with the reverse on the levers (switches),

so reverse on the thrust axis itself wouldnt be very realistic

Yes, but I always thought homebuilt ones would use two pots, in series, one for the thruster the other for the reverser, and the calibration then works really well -- FS sees one axis, but you calibrate max reverse to idle on the reverser and idle to max thrust on the thruster.

Regards

Pete