The simFlight Network Forums

Historic Flights

guenseli

Hello,

With version 5.2 I've tried to set the Ai Year to 1965 without efford.

I've tried it with the communicator and with the select_Ai_year.exe. No changes.

I prevoiusly selected the "install planes for historic flights" button...

What I'm doing wrong?

I've also tried to set my date inside FSX to 1965 but also theres still 2008 traffic.

I opened the MyTrafic.ini and there I can still read "Simulated Year=_____2008"

I also changed these value to 1965 but also without efford.

I have never selected another date in version 5.1b, so I can't say if its a special 5.2 failure or whats wrong

When I press 1965 in the communicator theres the cmd.exe window flashing up very quickly.

When I select 2008 it takes some seconds and I can see theres some procedure going on.

Any Idea?

Thank you!

Did you copy the file TrafficDatabaseBuilder.exe from the SDK to the MyTrafficX folder as per the first couple of paragraphs of the MT editor manual (located in the Manual folder)?

Note that this file is only available with the deluxe version of FSX.

Also please list your operating system with any service packs installed and FSX plus any service packs installed.

Thanks, Mike, yes that may well be the reason. To be able to compile the flight plans, you do need to copy Trafficdatabasebuilder.exe from your SDK install folder to the MyTraffic folder. Please use the one from SDK SP1, SDK SP1a, SDK accpack or SDK SP2, the one that comes with the (early) DVDs has a bug and can only compile ship schedules.