The simFlight Network Forums

virtual button to 3340

sorry mr.dowson for bussy but i cannot understand tt how to fix a button as virtual button(a key or joystick button).

i read old posts but i could not understand.

where we write to 3340 number at fsuipc? ini file or fs9's main?

any ini file(only this section), could you paste here?

so what's the parameter in 3340?

i am trying to use fsuipc for a my handmake mcp via vb6.0.(about pmdg 747 macro)

if answer me, i would be very appreciated.

best regards.

where we write to 3340 number at fsuipc? ini file or fs9's main?

Neither. Virtual buttons aren't real buttons, that's the point. It is a PROGRAM which must set or clear the bits, pretending to be a button.

i am trying to use fsuipc for a my handmake mcp via vb6.0.(about pmdg 747 macro)

Surely a real MCP has real buttons, not virtual ones? Why are you interested in imaginary buttons?

Real joystick buttons should be detectable via Windows joystick system.

If you've made your own MCP and added buttons to it, how are you connecting them to the PC? Isn't this via some interface board which in turn produces Windows-recognisable button or keypress values?

Please explain what it is you really want to do and I'll try to help.

Regards

Pete

thank you for yr reply,

so my way too long, i thing.

i made a mcp with old keyboard(it's connected to ps/2 jack). it's good working with this situation but

i want to change this keyboard emulation to a usb port device. i will write a pic program in electronic board then this pic will communicate pc via visual basic program on usb. so this visual basic program must communicate fsuipc.

at last i have to know how to use macros because i will write those to visual basic editor.

(i want to change this emulator because i want add speed, alt displays etc.in the future.)

i hope i have been recognized about that.

best regards

i am waiting yr answer.

I did send an answer straight away. I don't know what happened to it! :-(

i made a mcp with old keyboard(it's connected to ps/2 jack). it's good working with this situation but

i want to change this keyboard emulation to a usb port device. i will write a pic program in electronic board then this pic will communicate pc via visual basic program on usb.

For USB don't you have to write a HID program, interfacing to Windows HID API to access the USB device? And don't you need licensed device and manufacture IDs from Microsoft?

If you can do all that, how come you don't understand how to change a bit in an FSUIPC offset? I'm really puzzled. You seem to be tackling a really complex job!

so this visual basic program must communicate fsuipc.

Yes, and there are examples for the FSUIPC interface for Visual Basic in the FSUIPC SDK.

at last i have to know how to use macros because i will write those to visual basic editor.

Sorry if I am misunderstanding you again, but what have macros to do with it? Surely your first job is to manage to get information from your device, via USB, to your Visual Basic program. I wouldn't even know how to start doing that. Once you've done that hard part, interfacing to FSUIPC is easy. Haven't you downloaded the FSUIPC SDK yet?

Macros are nothing to do with any of this.

Regards

Pete

i just asked you only how to fix a button as virtual button.

You simply change any of the 288 bits in the 9 32 bit double words starting at offset 3340. Each of those bits is a virtual button! That's it. That is ALL your program has to do! When you change a bit there from 0 to 1 that button will turn "on" and you can program it in FSUIPC's "Button and Switches" options, in FS. They are seen as joysticks 64 to 73, buttons 0 to 31 on each. 32 x 9 = 288.

I have told you most of this before. You seem not to be reading what i write! If you don't understand why not just say so and say what it is you don't understand rather than merely repeating the same thing all the time?

i downloaded FSUIPC SDK 4 days a go. it has only listed macro numbers, it has not a virtual example.

Macro numbers? What are "macro numbers"? I have no "macro numbers" and there is no such list. And what is a "virtual example". That makes no sense. There are examples of using the FSUIPC interface to access FSUIPC offsets, to use FSUIPC read and write actions.

Please tell me what you are looking at, because it does not sound anything like the FSUIPC SDK I publish!

The FSUIPC SDK contains documentation for all of the offsets, plus sources of the C interface library, and examples of interfacing to FSUIPC in Visual Basic and several other languages. If you don't see these things you are looking at the wrong file completely.

I'm afraid have no idea what you mean by "macro numbers".

Regards

Pete