The simFlight Network Forums

Own Aircraft/Traffic Board Questions

CharlieXrayXrayXray

Hi Roy,

1) The user aircraft is not shown on the board. AI aircraft follow a defined sequence of events from one airport to the next. Anything could happen to the user aircraft so it is much more difficult to interpret in the same language. Something to consider for possible future versions.

2) The logos depends on which shop you brought MyTraffic from. If you have the Simmarket download, it should include logos. From any other outlet, it probably does not. Let me know and I'll see what I can do to help.

Regards

Simon

Many thanks to Roy for posting the question about MT Board and user aircraft details.

The same thought had crossed my mind.

When "flying" fedex out of Seattle, I thought I had seen my aircraft and call sign listed on the board but without any detailed information.

This had lead me to believe that there must be some way that MT Board either interrogated FSX or FSX “injected” the information into MT Board.

I must have been wrong.

Thinking positively, the flight plan is “logged” within FSX and the detail relevant to departure time and ETA are also available so in the long term I cannot see why someone who is clever (like Simon) cannot find a way to do this.

After all it would be another USP for Super MT Board…………..

Regards

Stuart

Thanks! I like the ideas generated by the discussion so let's see what we can do with it. At this stage with the next version well into beta, it will be a project for next year. Another thing I would like to do is to have the "STB approach control" pay attention to the user aircraft and move any conflicting AI aircraft out of the way during your final approach. Unless you really like going around that is!

Regards

Simon