The simFlight Network Forums

FSX/FS9 Offset request

Peter

There is one FSX offset that eludes me, mainly because it seems to be new in FSX and does not appear in your FS2004 offset list - it is the one to turn on the alternative static air

The log details from FSUIPC 4 are

414203 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 66317 (0x0001030d), Param= 0 (0x00000000) TOGGLE_ALTERNATE_STATIC

FSInterogate does not help me either

I'm using OpenCockpits' SIOC language to program my full size C172 pit and this requites Hex offsets to pass info to FSUIPC - can you please advise what I should use

Ideally I would like a value and parameter (1=on. 0=off) rather than toggle as my program is able to read the position of all switches etc

If there is not one already would it be too much to ask for you to create one for the next (interim) update

Many thanks in advance

Regards

Paul

There is one FSX offset that eludes me, mainly because it seems to be new in FSX and does not appear in your FS2004 offset list - it is the one to turn on the alternative static air

Which offset is it in the FSX offsets list, then?

414203 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 66317 (0x0001030d), Param= 0 (0x00000000) TOGGLE_ALTERNATE_STATIC

That control seems to appear in the FS2004 list as well as the FSX list, so why do you think it is new?

I simply searched for the word "alternate" in both the FS2004 offsets list ("FSUIPC for Programmers", and also in the FSX offsets list ("FSUIPC4 offsets status") and found Engine 4's alternate air at 35C0, Engine 3's at 3680, engine 2's at 3740 and engine 1's at 3800.

What method of searching are you using that failed so well?

FSInterogate does not help me either

FSInterrogate only lists what the documentation lists, at best. The FSI file is, sadly, often out of date. What were you expecting it to do extra?

I'm using OpenCockpits' SIOC language to program my full size C172 pit and this requites Hex offsets to pass info to FSUIPC - can you please advise what I should use

Even when there is no working offset, if there's a control you can always send that, using offset 3110. That's what it is for!

Regards

Pete

Peter

Thank you for your prompt reply

I too found the offsets you quote below, but as it is the alternative static air for the instruments, not the engines that I need, I dismissed them.

I simply searched for the word "alternate" in both the FS2004 offsets list ("FSUIPC for Programmers", and also in the FSX offsets list ("FSUIPC4 offsets status") and found Engine 4's alternate air at 35C0, Engine 3's at 3680, engine 2's at 3740 and engine 1's at 3800.

This looks to be the way forward - I was not aware of it

Even when there is no working offset, if there's a control you can always send that, using offset 3110. That's what it is for

Regards

Paul

I too found the offsets you quote below, but as it is the alternative static air for the instruments, not the engines that I need, I dismissed them.

Does FS actually simulate that? I didn't know that. I assumed the "Toggle Alternate Static" control just operated the Engine ones, according to the currently selected engines. Hmmm.

Looking now i see there is, in SimConnect, a separate value I can read: "ALTERNATE STATIC SOURCE OPEN". It must be the one controlled by that toggle control. So I could add this to FSUIPC4 as a new read/write offset.

However, I cannot do it in FS9 and before, as there's no obvious sign of it in the data I've already "hacked out" of those older versions, and I'm not going to start again on that sort of thing now! ;-)

Regards

Pete