The simFlight Network Forums

Combined actions

Having no Copilot besides me, I try to automate as much as possible in order to reduce workload. So when I make "Gear down" automatically Landing lights go on. After landing, when stopping to brake (= release of toebrakes) Landing lights go off. So far so good. What I would like to add is that when Landing lights go off that then Taxi lights go on.

My question is now, how can I combine these two actions? The fact that Taxi Lights is a toggel makes it so difficult for me. But in the User Guide are hints that conditioned actions are possible, but how?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Guenther

Having no Copilot besides me, I try to automate as much as possible in order to reduce workload. So when I make "Gear down" automatically Landing lights go on. After landing, when stopping to brake (= release of toebrakes) Landing lights go off. So far so good. What I would like to add is that when Landing lights go off that then Taxi lights go on.

Okay. How have you done this?

My question is now, how can I combine these two actions? The fact that Taxi Lights is a toggel makes it so difficult for me. But in the User Guide are hints that conditioned actions are possible, but how?

conditions for button press actions are possible, and documented in the Advanced User's guide. there is no equivalent for keypresses. As you don't tell me how you are accomplishing what you are doing I can't really add to it at present.

You could also look at the Macro facilities, which allow any sorts of sequences of actions to be combined, whether instigated by button or keypress, and the Lua plug-in facilities, which allow you any amount of flexibility in what you do, as well as having actions depending on FS events. Check the Contents lists of the main two User documents regarding Macros. For Lua there are separate documents available describing this as well as examples to try or examine. You do need the latest FSUIPC release of course.

Regards

Pete