The simFlight Network Forums

No airline traffic with FlyMex from Aerosoft

earnorbust

Hi

Can anyone help me out?

I am using FSX + Acceleration.

Just installed FlyMex from Aerosoft. All the airports only show general ai aviation - no airlines!

My airline slider is at 40% in the the traffic menue.

FlyMex has a higher priority then MyTraffic in the scenery library.

Do I have to delete any AFCAD-files in FlyMex?

Thx

Robert

I'm sure Burkhard will see this eventually, but in the mean time I have a few thoughts that you could try. First, don't delete anything yet. MTX is capable of sending AI traffic to any fsx airport scenery that has at least two parking spots of appropriate size. Typically, it's an offending fs9 compiled schedule that removes fsx traffic, but you say that you see GA AI. The question is, do you see MTX GA AI? As I don't own flymex, I don't know which airports it comes with or which airports that you have tested. I would suggest you take one of their bigger airports such as MMMX (assuming it's included) and test there. We know MTX sends commercial AI to MMMX.

1. Uncheck the flymex scenery in the fsx library. Using free flight enter MMMX and observe to see if you have MTX AI. At this point fsx should be using the BR2_MMMX.bgl that comes with MTX.

- if you don't have AI then we can assume that there is an offending fs9 Ttools compiled traffic.bgl or traffic1.bgl or similar preventing the fsx scheduled AI from appearing. You will need to locate the offending traffic.bgl or traffic1.bgl file and remove it. Since you have unchecked the flymex scenery, the likely location of the offending fs9 traffic bgl is in scenery\world\scenery or addon\scenery. Two scenarios below:

a) there is MTX commercial AI traffic at MMMX when flymex is removed from the scenery library; or

b) there is no MTX commercial AI traffic at MMMX when flymex is removed from the scenery library.

Assuming scenario a):

Do a search in the flymex scenery folder(s) for a traffic.bgl, traffic1.bgl or equivalent name file. There should be no traffic files in any flymex scenery folders. If you find a traffic file, add a .passive to the end. If each airport has it's own scenery folder then you will need to check in each of them. If only one scenery folder then search in the one folder. Assuming you find a traffic*.* file, add a .passive to the end of the file so passive becomes the extension. Re-enter fsx and add flymex to the scenery library and recheck MMMX for MTX AI traffic. If still no joy, hang on till Burkhard sees this thread.

Assuming scenario b):

Do a search for a traffic.bgl or traffic1.bgl file or equivalent in scenery\world\scenery AND addon\scenery. If you find the file(s), add a .passive to the extension. Without adding flymex back into the scenery library, check MMMX to see if it now has MTX AI traffic. If still no traffic, hang on till Burkhard sees this thread. If you do have MTX AI traffic, then add flymex back to the scenery library and check MMMX for MTX commercial AI. No traffic, follow steps for a) above.

Good luck!