The simFlight Network Forums

Trying to populate traffic at an airport

luap

i have mytraffic 5.2 i just want to know whats the easiest way to populate traffic at a particular airport also make specific airline goes to that airport i have tried to play about with traffic the traffic edditor no result so far any help would be greatfull thank you

This is condensed down to the MyTraffic editor manual, which describes this in 50 illustrated pages. This may be too short, but contains no unnecessary info.

I assume you either use the airports as they are, have installed an addon airport or modified the airport yourself. In short, you dump you airport setup information from FSX to the File MyTraffic\airports.txt . This you import to MyTraffic editor, now the editor knows about your actual installed airports. Most of what can happen on the airport has already been defined now - if the airport has no suitable gates as example it will not show airliner traffic, and if it has no suitable mil_combat parkings all fighter jets will never show up.

You can check in MyTraffic editor that the airport information has imported as you want.

Next, you either create local airlines at this airport. make it a hub of frequent airlines, add preferences for some airlines that you want there, etc. All explained in the manual. Once you have set up your wanted environment, you run the full creation process ( Create schedules, files and traffic ) and should be near to where you want. From the airlines - manage airlines dialog, you may want to add some specific flights still.