The simFlight Network Forums

Some new questions

gets

I have noticed the following. When I am in the taxi mode and spot view, I find that when a jet airliner passes me or is in front of me, I hear a turboprop sound instead of the jet engine.

I also noticed that when ATC advises me of traffic that the iformation doesn't match. If ATC says it is a Piper Aztec, it shows up as a Cherokee. I have checked it several times now. I also found that when ATC tells me that a A320 is on final, when I look it shows up as an Embrarer. However, as the aircraft lands it is an A320 but has the Embrarer tag on it.

I still have near misses with aircraft taking off in the opposite direction I am landing or taking off. I assume this a MS problem?

Thanks in advance.

Bob G.

Most of these things are interesting. I never noticed such, but can understand conditions where this happens due to the way FS5 to FSX decision taking is programmed ( which is the fastest way decisions can be programmed for real time programs. I will write a small sticky issue on this later, since similar questions get asked now more frequently. Maybe you go to an airport where there is far less traffic in an area where you have excessive power on your system ( Keflavik comes into mind ), choose settings where you have 80 fps, limit them to 24, and look how these things show up than...