The simFlight Network Forums

Communicator question

kifp

I opened the communicator installs & downloads, and under aircraft installers any of the planes I click on I get the "access to right under vista error box. I've given full administrator control to everything I can find in FSX, but it didn't help. Can you help with what I'm doing wrong?

I've been seeing a few nontextured planes, civilan & military. I have 5.2, with dx10 preview checked. I thought 5.2 would fix that problem, (work in progress ?).

Thanks,

I have to check - I thought the aircraft installers are no longer in 5.2, but have to look into it. But software maintenance is more or less inpossible under Vista, at least the severe secuity hole "User access control" should be switched off as first action after installing Vista.

First off a lot of this stuff can be very confusing for me. Lets just deal with "User access control" . I didn't understand what that was, but now I do. I swithched it off, but still get the same error box when clicking on anything in the drop down menu (Installs & Downloads) on the new communicator. Can you suggest anything for that problem?

Also I started MT with the boxed 5.0a & added all the updates to the most recent 5.2. When I reinstalled FSX & all the MTupdates in sequence I wonder if things got a bit messed up. Can I just install my downloaded 5.2 stand alone?

Thanks,

Thanks Burkhard, I did the full install with the help of your MyTraffic X installation not working - checklist :) I don't see anymore white civilan aircraft, but several untextured (white) military. Military painting is still on going process? The only remaining question is I still get the error like I explained at the begining with "User access control" turned off. :?

Thanks,

I have DX10 preview swithched on. I'm using DX10 compatible schedules, at least I clicked on "Traffic2008_DX10.bat" because the new communicator doesn't have that option like the old had. Also I tried a rebuild & I get another error for EMB & Global_Express. Doesn't make any differnce if I invoke the .bat files instead by double clicking to them.

Thanks,

post-23527-12868965273_thumb.jpg

post-23527-128689652735_thumb.jpg

For me this looks like severe computer hardware or operating system errors. All of the 5.2 installers have been run now thousand times or more around the world on many different computers without such a problem. I propose that you verify your anti virus software is not allowed to "repair" files, but to warn only, and make a new download of the MTX package. If you do not have a download left, please send me a PM.

Please, once you have downloaded a new installer, delete the complete MyTraffic folder and run the unstaller again.