The simFlight Network Forums

pete: Error on installing FSUIPC 4

this is my error:

Installer for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.40

Looking in registry for FSX install path:
     HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0
     Parameter"SetupPath"
SetupPath="E:\fsx\"
Checking version of FSX.EXE:
... Version 10.0.61472.0  (Need at least 10.0.60905.0)
Checking compatibility with installed SimConnect:
... Probe Manifest fails to match a valid base SimConnect needed to load FSUIPC4!

my OS:XP-sp3

my FSX:sp1+SP2

my .net=3.5

i vistied thost page:

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=71965

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=58095

do every thing what you talk...

but this error is the same.....

may be you can help me....thanks

To get a SimConnect LOG

or

Re-installing SimConnect

all i try...

not work....

step1: i delete the folders:

C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.60905.0_

C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61242.0_

C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61259.0_

step2: put into the FSX DVD and repaire the FSX...

that is what i do...but not work...

all i try...

not work....

step1: i delete the folders:

C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.60905.0_

C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61242.0_

C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61259.0_

step2: put into the FSX DVD and repaire the FSX...

that is what i do...but not work...

With the same failure reported afterwards? Strange. It's always worked before -- though by deleting all three editions of SimConnect you will need to reinstall SP1 and SP2 now as well. But if the base edition repaired okay, FSUIPC4 Install would not show that same error. Is the WinSxS folder for version 10.0.60905.0 back after the repair?

I'm sorry, but i don't know how FSX got messed up on your system. I can only suggest a complete uninstall and reinstall, from scratch. If that fails you will need to contact Microsoft Tech support I fear.

Regards

Pete

i do the steps again...

and then,i can install FSUIPC.....looks ok

but when i start the FSX....

A fatal error occurred.....FSX have an error to start....

Show me the Install log, and the FSUIPC4 log if there is one -- both from the FSX Modules folder.

What "fatal error" was it. Did it say no more? Does it do the same if you remove FSUIPC4.DLL from the Modules folder?

It may be because you deleted the other two SimConnect folders -- did you reinstall SP1 and SP2?

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the exact same errors.

I did a complete uninstall and reinstall from the CD,s Sp1 and 2 reloaded with the same error

Since no information was forthcoming about the first error, I don't see how you can identify yours as exactly the same. With no information at all there's no way to know what is going on. Sorry, but I can only suggest you ask Microsoft support, unless you want to wait until after December 29th, when I return. Either way you'll need to be a lot more specific about what your problems are.

Just a bit of a hint though. It is extremely difficult to actually do a complete uninstall of FSX. The side-by-side library systems don't uninstall, and reinstall incorrectly when you try, and there are lots of files FSX creates in Document and Settings and My Documents which are usually not erased, and which really need to be.

Uninstalling and reinstalling FSX is not something to be taken lightly. You need to make a list of all the things to do and do them methodically or yuou end up in a worse mess than the one you thought you were in before!

Whilst I'm away you may find some kind soul over in the FSX Forum who can help. There may also be some threads around which detail exactly what to do to reinstall correctly -- it would be worthwhile also visiting the Microsoft FSX website.

Regards

Pete

Hello Pete,

I stated I had exactly the same errors because I had the same error msgs..

I used your post about deleing the 3 files and "repairing " FSX which I did with the same results.

When I uninstalled FSX I also uninstalled acceleration, Checked add/remove prgrams for any service packs,

Check My Documents Applications and files for any flight sim files and deleted them.

Ran a search for any FSX files to remove them but did not find any.

I do not have a registry cleaner programs or I would have done that also.

I then installed FSX with the DVD's. Downloaded FSUIPC4 and ran it, It seemed to install ok.

When I lauched FSX it failed to load.

So I uninstalled it again, removed FSUIPC4.

Have a good Holiday

• 2 weeks later...

I stated I had exactly the same errors because I had the same error msgs..

Which error messages? Please do try to be specific.

Ran a search for any FSX files to remove them but did not find any.

Normal searches won't find them. You need to change Windows options to avoid hiding files, and also search hidden and system files and folders. Or else just go directly to the right places, which you can find out about be browsing the various hints and FAQs sites.

There may also be information about un-installing and re-installing FSX on Micrsoft's own FS website.

However, over the two years since FSX was released, the thing NOT to do, except as a last resort, seems to be to uninstall and reinstall FSX. It so often seems to compound problems up to the point you need to reinstall Windows.

I then installed FSX with the DVD's. Downloaded FSUIPC4 and ran it, It seemed to install ok.

When I lauched FSX it failed to load.

How do you determine whether it loads or not? The absence of a Menu entry isn't proof of that. You'd need either a debugger/process explorer, or a SimConnect log to see. It is SimConnect which loads it.

I'd need to see both the FSUIPC log (if there is one), and the FSUIPC4 Install log ("seemed to" is not quite precise enough -- there's a lot of information in the log).

So I uninstalled it again, removed FSUIPC4.

If FSUIPC4 wasn't loading, why remove it? You are making it more difficult to resove doing all thiese things without reason.

Regards

Pete