The simFlight Network Forums

Super Traffic Board V2.1 patch now available

flying-w

Most of the publishers are refreshing the installers and you may prefer to wait for that, and we'll announce those as they happen. However, if you want the upgrade now....

www.supertrafficboard.com/downloads/stb21patch.zip

This upgrades V2.0 which was the original release, up to V2.1. Note the upgrade won't work if you don't have SuperTrafficBoard installed ;-)

If you give this a try, please let me know how things work out for you.

Regards

Simon

Hi Simon

It's looking good - just upgraded my Aerosoft copy to 2.1. I've noticed a couple of things of interest which people may or may not want to know:

Anyone using the 1024*768 TrafficBoard.dll will get an error when installing - just delete that file and put back the old one (version numbers are different).

Also, for those who fly in the south west of the UK and have changed Newquay's code in FS and their AI flightplans, make this change to your database or AirportNames.txt file:

Database: Search for EGDG and change to EGHQ

AirportNames.txt: Find the line EGDG,Newquay, and change to EGHQ,Newquay and move the line under EGHP,Popham.

Anything else I find I'll report back. I am interested to find out more about the TrafficBoard server though...:)

Yes, your installation needs to be as it was when first installed. The patcher checks this and will stop (before making any changes) if it finds something wrong.

Thanks for the tips on the airports, I'll include those for the next update.

The server I'll write more about later. It enables the "Shadow AI" function, that puts the user aircraft in the middle (more or less) of an AI aircraft and keeps it there. If you use the supplied invisible user aircraft, it works even better. Why do this? Some scenery packages only implement details and special effects around the user aircraft. By puttting the user inside the AI, you get all that around your AI aircraft too. Now AI aircraft can enjoy bird strikes just like the user!

Thinking laterally, try out the user camera views during shadow AI. Tower View is particularly effective, which can be thought of a tower view of the AI aircraft. Note there are limitations in FSX so the implementation cannot be made perfect (according to Pete Dowson, these are things that changed between FS9 and FSX). Sometimes you may see stutters and you'll need to decide if they spoil your view or not. There are tips in the user guide about reducing stutters, for tower view I found it quite acceptible (and spectaular)

Please see the user guide for full details on getting the STBServer working.

Regards

Simon

Just checked the online retailers. FlightSimStore now has V2.1 available. Existing customers (of FlightSimStore) can re-download an updated installer rather than using the patch to get V2.1, and new customers should get v2.1 straight away.

http://www.flightsimstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=769

News from other publishers as it becomes available.

Small problem following patch installation. DEPLOYMENT tab - everything greyed out. STB is on a Client through a network. The flights are all showing correctly so the connection is fine.

Thanks yet again for a great program. Just need to sort this out and then will be cooking on gas. :D

Hi William,

It's all greyed out on the deployment tab because it can't find FSX on the client. The deployment must be performed on the same computer as FSX, can't be done over a network at present. My recomendation is to install STB V2.1 on your FSX machine and do the deployment from there. If you never use it again on your FSX machine that's just fine, and your license says it's fine to have two installations in your environment.

Otherwise there are manual ways to do the deployment, let me know if you need those.

Regards

Simon