The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jpark2

Weather Patch

I have loaded the weather patch without success. Does the new URL need a new File Name? To ensure the program was loaded correctly, I re-installed FSC83 and FSC84Upgr. The program does not seem to access the Internet and the fail note comes up at once.

Can anyone help, please.

Hi,

pleas read the following aNNOUNCEMENT AGAIN. viewtopic.php?f=155&t=73977

and make sure that you see the Buildnumber is 09.12.08 on the Intro Screen.

If the weatherdownload failed again, please send following file: FSC_Protocol.log to my e-mail adress,

which you find at the bottom on our homepage.

Regards,

Volker

Hi Volker,

New registered user on the forum but been using FSC for a quite a while (great product by the way).

Confirmation from me that I have a similar problem to that reported by others - weather option shows dialog box with message to say error downloading weather.

My config is FSC 8.4.1 download version (will send my log file to your email address later), FSX SP2, XP SP2, FSUIPC 4.26 (registered).

Have tried this on two machines one with FSX on it and one (laptop) with widefs (same results).

Both machines have FSC installed in default 'programme files' directory.

I know you are saying no problem but there are clearly a few reporting a very similar issue to myself so would appreciate some guidance if possible.

OldBadger

Re-loaded the programs as suggested by "oceaniastudios" 12th Dec. - Weather problem fixed. This cleared the problem, the programmes now are loaded on D:\FSC.

Regards.

John Park.

Hi Volker,

Faced with the same issue, I've been following this post with much interest. If as suggested by John, reloading FSC seems to fix the problem, what's the most efficient process to follow? For example, if FSC should be reinstalled from scratch, does version 8.4 that can be downloaded from the FSC web site include the patch or, does the user need to download and install version 8.4 then add the patch to version 8.4? I suspect other users may be wondering also. Many thanks for your assistance and as others have said many times, FSC is a wonderful tool. The rate of exchange of info on this forum is a testament to the popularity of FSC.

Regards, Jean-Jacques

Hi Jean-Jacques and also Hi to All,

before you think about to install FSCommander from scratch please don't forget to save following files: Register.fsc and FSC.ini !!!

If you like to save time, save also following folders: User, Database, FSplan, segments

If you install FSCommander from scratch you "MUST" following this steps:

1) download FSC83.ZIP http://www.fscommander.com/files/Fsc83.zip

2) download FSC84upgr.ZIP http://www.fscommander.com/files/fsc84upgr.zip

3) download FSC84Patch.ZIP http://www.fscommander.com/files/fsc84patch.zip

Now install and/or Upgrade / Patch step 1) step 2) step 3)

After done don't run the FSCommander

If you have save all the above folders, copy them into the FSC folder and overwrite the existing folder.

If not, you have to run the DatabaseManager

Now copy the both files Register.fsc and FSC.ini in to the FSC Folder

Now run the FSCommander.

Regards,

Volker

I only got it to work once, and when I did'nt get the error, the metar was not even close to being accurate. This problem is not the end of the world for me, but it is a helpful feature to use. I'm just wondering is there another site to download metars from, I have tried everything with no success.

Hello,

Just to mention one thing:

This morning I download the weather and everything goes well, download, reading etc...no error

But the problem is that no symbol is displayed, and no METAR either.

I downloaded a second time, and then everything was displayed properly... :!:

That was just to help it sometimes happens incomprehensible things in this virtual world :wink: