The simFlight Network Forums

Calibrate Reverse Thrust / Brakesource

Hi Pete,

i've finished calibrating the throttles and flapbut i dont know how to calibrate the reverse thrust level / throttleinside the FSUIPC user guide doesnt have any info for reverse thrust throttle, or did i over looked some important parts ? Can you guide me .... tkz ....

For brakesource, i only found 2 offsets; OBC4 nad OBC6. But both offsets are for First Officer's pedals.Left pedal is 0BC4 and Right is 0BC6. Do you know are there another new offsets for the Captain's ?

When you press Captain's left/right pedal, the FO's left/right pedal will also move right ? But how come when using the FS-Interrogate program, it doesnt recieve any signals from the captain's pedal,same thing happen vice versa.

Regards

Pronix

i've finished calibrating the throttles and flapbut i dont know how to calibrate the reverse thrust level / throttleinside the FSUIPC user guide doesnt have any info for reverse thrust throttle

Are you kidding? Search for "reverse" in the user guide, you'll find plenty of help. It's always been one of the main reasons folks buy FSUIPC and it gets plenty of attention!

You can do it in two different ways depending how you want it. If you want a reverse zone on the throttle levers, then the instructions in the user guide are specific on how to do that by calibrating them with a centre idel zone -- and in fact the "reverse" is even labelled on the calibration screen for the 4 throttles. Or you can use separate axes altogether and have either one common reverser lever for all engines, or up to 4 reverser levers, one for each. These are on other pages in the calibration tab! If you are assigning through FSUIPC there are the 5 reverser axes there to be assigned to -- one common or 4 separate.

I cannot understand how you can have missed all this. Can you explain how, please?

For brakesource, i only found 2 offsets; OBC4 nad OBC6. But both offsets are for First Officer's pedals.Left pedal is 0BC4 and Right is 0BC6. Do you know are there another new offsets for the Captain's ?

Two questions: first, what are FSUIPC offsets to do with what you are doing? Are you writingh a program?

Second: what makes you think there are separate Caption and First Officer pedals or brakes? There's no such thing as "first officer pedals" and most certainly nothing documented as such. Where are you reading this stuff?

But how come when using the FS-Interrogate program, it doesnt recieve any signals from the captain's pedal,same thing happen vice versa.

I've no idea what you are talking about. FSInterrogate doesn't receive any signals from any pedals. It is a way of reading and writing FSUIPC offsets. It is for programmers, investigating how to interface to FSUIPC from a program. If your program isn't writing to the correct FSUIPC offsets then FSInterrogate will not see them change. How can it? You need to work out what your program isn't working and fix it.

Regards

Pete