The simFlight Network Forums

Load unload pedway

lonnie137

A little more information is required to answer that, due to the differences in methods of working the jetways.

Which version of the sim are you referring to? Are you using an add-on airport, or a default airport? In FSX, at default airports (and most add-on ones), then ctrl-j should activate the jetway, provided you are parked in an appropriate place for it to reach you. In FS9, the methods vary widely, so it would depend on whose jetway you are trying to move.

This isn't really a MyTraffic question either, so this might not have been the best place to ask it. :wink:

Cheers,

Ian P.

A little more information is required to answer that, due to the differences in methods of working the jetways.

Which version of the sim are you referring to? Are you using an add-on airport, or a default airport? In FSX, at default airports (and most add-on ones), then ctrl-j should activate the jetway, provided you are parked in an appropriate place for it to reach you. In FS9, the methods vary widely, so it would depend on whose jetway you are trying to move.

This isn't really a MyTraffic question either, so this might not have been the best place to ask it. :wink:

Cheers,

Ian P.

I am using fx with vista 32 bit, and mt52

Unless you've changed the default assignment, ctrl-j should bring the jetway to your aircraft then.

If that doesn't work, if you go to Options/Controls/Assignments, you can set it to anything you like. I can't check at the moment, but I believe the option is called "Activate jetway".

Hope that helps!

Ian P.

I have found the jetway won't work with most add ons. You also have to be lined up exactly on "T" yellow lines.

Bob G.

The jetway and airport vehicles will work with any add-on that has the appropriate code in the "doors" section - this includes the MyTrafficX AI models. I believe, which hopefully Burkhard can comment on, that it's as simple as allocating a "type" flag at the end of each door section, such as ", 1" for a main exit, ", 2" for a cargo door or something like that? I can't check the numbers here, but can do later. Looking in the [doors] section in the aircraft.cfg files for the default FSX A321, B738 or B744 should be able to allow you to work it out if you want to.

If you use FS9 add-ons, which were developed before this additional section was added, the jetway will not work. You also just have to be "within range" of the jetway for it to work, not perfectly on the T. I've found a number of errors at add-on airports (including one I made myself, using a satellite image :oops: ) where if you stop on the "T", the jetway cannot work. I moved the "T" on mine until it did. ;)

Ian P.

OK... I'm now back somewhere with an FSX installation... ;)

The section you need to edit in your FS9-ported models to make the jetways work in FSX is entitled [exits] - the following is taken from the default FSX B737-800, so you'll need to modify it to fit your aircraft.

[exits]

number_of_exits = 2

exit.0 = 0.4, 36.6, -5.0, 3.0, 0

exit.1 = 0.4, -38.5, 4.5, -3.0, 1

exit.2 = 0.4, 33.5, 3.5, -4.0, 2

The bit you are interested in is highlighted red at the end of each line and is the door type.

- The first door (exit.0) is the main passenger door at the front of the aircraft. Type "0" is a Main door and the jetway will go to this.

- The second door (exit.1) is the main cargo door and hence Type "1" for cargo. The baggage loader will go to this, when activated (I think it's on the same keys as the jetway).

- The third door (exit.2) is an emergency exit and I have no idea how to activate it or what it does. If someone finds out, please post the results on this thread! ;)

Please note that I'll leave this here for a while, then will probably move it to the FSX Discussion forum, because it isn't really anything to do with support for MyTraffic.

Cheers,

Ian P.

Thanks, Ian, yes move it as you want, since it comes back to MTX now again.

Your description of the doors is correct, the aircraft.cfg needs these entries, so that FSX knows where the jetway docks ( door 0 ) or the baggage cart docks ( door 1)

In addition, the doors have to be coded to be able to open themselves, and that isn't as simple and is a lot of work in the MDL file of the model.

With FSX, AI aircraft only open the cargo door, the passenger door always remains closed. Since we want it to open, and even the ladder for the commuter extended and the cabin crew waiting for the paxes, I had to cheet FSX. In the mdl file, all doors open with the door1 animation. So when you use the MyTraffic X aircraft, you can only open all doors at the same time, using the keys for the cargo doors.