The simFlight Network Forums
PakMac

Status Bar in FSC 8.4.0.1

Hi Volker,

Thanks for the reply.

The font size on my system is set to normal.

It was fine in 8.4 build 110908, but after updating to 8.4.0.1 it's cut off as in the screenshot.

David

Hi David,

as far as we can tell, this phenomenon only occurs if you choose the Vista design, it disappears if you use the classic design. Obviously, it has something to do with the way Vista handles windows, and unfortunately we have no influence on that.

Regards

Volker

Hi Volker,

I have experienced the same problem with my Vista-System.

Though I understand your arguments, it is a pity that you see problems to change this behaviour.

As I bought this program I found on your website:

"System Requirements: Apart from Flight Simulator you need ©Windows 2000 or higher."

So I was convinced that I can use it on Vista without problems which I did until Version 8.4.1/8.4.2. You can probably understand that I do not want to change the design of my whole desktop just for one program.

I have discussed the topic with a friend of mine who also bought this program and he shares my opinion. As you probably know there are not so few people who use FlightSim Commander with Vista.

As this effect did not occur in Version 8.4.0, is there no chance that you can circumvent this special Vista behaviour in the newer versions?

Thank you very much for your help and this really fine program.

Regards

Martin

Well, i have to say that in my setup i have the same behaviour, althoug not as bad as in David's situation.

I have Win XP SP3, FS9.1 with latest FSUIPC, latest WideFS (using networked client PC), FSC 8.4.0.2 and my setting are as stated in the manual.

When starting FSC on my flightsim PC, this behaviour is a little bit better than on my client PC. In fact, it is normal when starting in other than maximised window (**you know, those three buttons on top right of the window, NOT the reduced window in FSC !) but when i go to maximise window, it "cuts" a part of the underside of the window (i can still read the numbers and it is not so bad as in David's case (unable to post a screenie).

I can live with it, but anyway ...

Yes i agree on this point. I have the same problem. And FSC is running on my second screen.

Also it is not that bad but if it could change it would be a plus.

Thanks in advance,

Cheers,

Peter