The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ianbeggs

Weather Topic New

For those of you able to download the weather file, are you getting an accurate reading. I was finally able to download the file on a consistent basis, yet the metars are way off from asx and real life. Was flying into YYZ, FSC was showing winds from a heading of 270@12knts, ASX and the real YYZ metar was winds 120@5knts. For those able to download the file are you cross referencing with other sources to see if the readings your getting are correct.

Hi Cecil,

Can someone send me the 8.4.2 pact or tell me how to get it? I see nothing on the aerosoft or simarket webpages

please be patient and give AeroSoft a few days time before there can published the Patch on there support site.

Regards,

Volker

Let me take you thru where I am.

It looks like I purchased version 8.1 from SimMarket and I have upgraded all the way to version 8.4.2 which I downloaded from your website.

I am understanding correctly that each time I want a weather update I have to manually put in the weather file?

Cecil Savage

Hi Cecil,

I am understanding correctly that each time I want a weather update I have to manually put in the weather file?

as we have written in the Fsc842PatchEng.txt fileonly if the download is not working on your systen.

Regards,

Volker

For those of you able to download the weather file, are you getting an accurate reading.

Mine checks out perfectly against Active Sky and http://en.allmetsat.com and always has. The firewall would seem to be right at the heart of the problem. Try eset.com - takes two minutes to set up and thereafter it does all the work trapping new programs and setting the firewall up for them. Absolutely brilliant. It is important that every bit of the previous firewall is deleted, going through the registry if necessary.

Payware (just under £100 for three year licence) but there is a trial version available.